Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info : Suggestion of a guild

+2
Chakra
Elloa
6 posters

Go down

Info : Suggestion of a guild Empty Info : Suggestion of a guild

Post by Elloa Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm sharing with you the information of a GW2 guild created on the community forum Ladies of MMO. In case some of you don't know where to go, and would like to gather in a same guild. (In addition, you can have several guilds)
If I'm playing GW2, this guild would totaly be one of the guilds I'd join, as I'm getting involved into the devellopement of this web and international community. I believe that many of you will have RL friends and whatnot guilds to join, we could agree to gather all Whitestar in that guild.

Info on Facebook
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Info : Suggestion of a guild Empty Re: Info : Suggestion of a guild

Post by Chakra Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:17 am

I noticed this guild will be on Dragonbrand, a US Server.
Because of the 6 to 9 hours time difference with EU, they may find it hard to attract sufficient EU players.
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:02 am

They are separating US server and EU server, or you can switch from one server to another, no matter if it's US and EU?

Since TSW, i really feel the difference between a international server, and it feel so much better, tbh, than just a EU server. On a international server you have peak time at every moment of the day and night!! Smile
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:38 pm

GW2 is dividing the world in 3 regions: North America, Europe and Other. If you buy a EU copy of the game, you can only choose for an EU server as your home world. If you want to play from a US server as your home world, you need to buy a US copy of GW2. Your home world is mainly for WvW style PvPing, it determines the world your fighting for.

However, you can play on any server in the world as a 'guest', as long as you have a friend on that other server that can invite you. So even if your home world is for example Piken Square (EU RP Server), you can still - temporarily, and only on invitation - play on Dragonbrand (US Server).
NOTE: Guesting will not be available at launch yet, because Arenanet wants to balance out all servers first.

Furthermore you can join multiple guilds, also on different servers.

The combination of guesting and joining multiple guilds gives each player an enormous freedom where, when and with whom to play. It will however not resolve problems like in-game lag and (big) time differences, and this may make some world / guild choices less practical than others.

Most recent server overview: Worlds of GW2

Hope this clears it up.
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks for the infos

was playing with the thought to ask for a trial but if I understand you right you it would not be possible for us to join the mentioned guild yet

also is it known how long you can play on that guest server ?
to you have be invited every time you login or what time frame if any are we talking about ?

its sad they went with the antiquated model of region servers
World servers are much more awesome and there is always life on it simply because there is always day somewhere Razz

amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Because guesting has been delayed, you will be able to freely switch servers after launch, also to servers in other regions. So after launch you will be able to join the US Dragonbrand server. Joining another guild is always possible (independent of server), and you can read and reply to guild chat even if you are not on Dragonbrand.

When guesting becomes available later, world transfers will cost (many) gems, and are only allowed once a week.
See also the most recent post on this: Regions of GW2 (Arenanet seems to have changed the model a bit from a few months ago)

I'm guessing here, but you'll probably be able to play on the guest world until you log off or you transfer to somewhere else again.. When you log onto GW2 again, you will be automatically connected to the data center in your region, and you probably need another invite for guesting. But again, just guessing here, never found this stated somewhere.

The region server model GW2 uses is pretty flexible, and if you have friends around the world, you can play at any time of day, or even play 24 x 7 on international peak times. So it works pretty much the same as with world servers (you could consider all GW2 servers together as 1 big world server).
But if you want competitive play, you can play without inter-region lag if you play on a local server. With world servers you are depending on where they are located, local or remote.

I see it as the best possible mix of old region server model and world server model. But hej, I may be a teeny weeny bit biased towards GW2 Wink
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Majiinfreddy Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Since this guild you're talking about , Wendy, is going on the US server , I at least , will not be a part of it. Since I wanna play with the least latency.

I don't wanna jump to any guns here, but it seems like there are a big handful of people who are gonna play this game.
I would suggest just making a Whitestar guild, for us all to gather up.
If any other people has a plan or something, please share it with us.

I really want to gather everyone , even just for a social aspect.
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Majiinfreddy wrote:I would suggest just making a Whitestar guild, for us all to gather up.

Sounds good to me. May I suggest then to create Whitestar on the EU Piken Square (RP) server?
In addition to our community's Whitestar guild, everyone can also join other guilds if they want, e.g. dedicated guilds for RPing or PvPing.
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Majiinfreddy Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Yeah, I'm in for an RP server. They generally have a better community ^^
As long as it ain't PvE - Let's go! ;D
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Good luck ppl, I do suggest to follow Wendy the all-mighty so you guys don't need worry about the guild structure or head.
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukuyomi Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm all for a whitestar guild - like, no reason not to. Since we can join other guilds as well anyway.

And freddy, GW2 don't really differentiate between PvE and PvP servers - you can do open world PvP on any server, you just have to "go" (as in teleport) to a special area. That's the WvWvW part.
Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 pm

A.O.D wrote:Good luck ppl, I do suggest to follow Wendy the all-mighty so you guys don't need worry about the guild structure or head.
I'm not going to play GW2 (till I'm tired of Tera/TSW), though. So I'll not organise anything for that game.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:25 am

BTW Just like character names, Guild names are global within GW2, so if we want to claim the Whitestar name for our guild, someone better be up at 06:00 Shocked
Well I am anyway to claim Chakra...
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:01 am

Elloa wrote:
A.O.D wrote:Good luck ppl, I do suggest to follow Wendy the all-mighty so you guys don't need worry about the guild structure or head.
I'm not going to play GW2 (till I'm tired of Tera/TSW), though. So I'll not organise anything for that game.

I think Tony meant to follow your advice on joining the US guild, and let their GM (Jewel) worry about all the guild stuff.
I don't think he expected you to organise a GW2 guild for Whitestar.
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:06 am

Chakra wrote:
Elloa wrote:

I think Tony meant to follow your advice on joining the US guild, and let their GM (Jewel) worry about all the guild stuff.
I don't think he expected you to organise a GW2 guild for Whitestar.

Yes, thanks Chakra. Wink
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:15 pm

A.O.D wrote:Wendy the all-mighty

...and he seems to think you're a godess Wink Well I think we all feel a bit this way, and we miss you.
Why wanna be a Lady of MMO if you can be a Godess of Whitestar?

This is your realm... we are your people... we need our shining star... please don't stray away too far from us...

Hugs xxx
Chakra
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:48 pm

ooh don't worry. I'm still taking care of Whitestar. The thing with Ladies of MMO is that I can use the articles I'm writting for our forum for that forum too.

I don't want to make a new guild project for a game, cause at the moment I believe that the community in general of MMO players are too unstable to spend time and energy and invest myself again as I did for Tera, and before that SWTOR and WOW. It's very sad and disappointing to put a lot of effort into a project and see it works for only two months. - I'll speak about that later, in a separated thread.

Concerning GW2, I've choose to not play it for now, for a very simple reasons : I'm already playing 2 other MMO that I love, I've no time for a third one.
If I see that everyone stick GW2 for more than 2 months and still believe by then it's uber awesome, I may revise my decision.

But I've done that too much lately : get myself convinced by my friends, follow them (slowly) and see everyone give up the game when I just managed to catch the group. By then i've put a lot of energy and hopes (that's maybe the most important) into a project that get obselete before it really start.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majiinfreddy Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Even if our beloved mama won't join us (for now) , I believe making a social whitestar guild would be supah.
So later tonight I will have a talk with everyone and see what we can do hruuurgh
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Elloa wrote:Concerning GW2, I've choose to not play it for now, for a very simple reasons : I'm already playing 2 other MMO that I love, I've no time for a third one.

Fair enough!
TBH From your recent tweets one could get the impression that you had joined the anti-GW2 camp, as your tweets don't seem very positive about GW2.
(which worried me a bit because I've never seen you negative about any other game, or anything in general really, you're one of the most positive people I've ever met cheers )

I realise that there is a lot of talk and hype about GW2 right now, but that's only natural just before launch. Especially after all these years of waiting.
Just before launch of Tera, there was a lot of talk and hype about Tera too. That doesn't mean a game or community is bad (or good), but it's just how fans behave. Fans are sometimes just like real human beings Wink
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Don't worry. I'm not anti GW2 for real. I repeat again I believe it will be a really nice game, I had myself seriously be interested by it, and I could have played if I could allow myself to play 3 MMO.

But I'm taking this position as a kind of balance. GW2 is the last MMO to come out before a while. It's the one that's actually overhyped. That a game in itself is overhyped is ok. But that all other games are despised, criticized, mocked in comparison to GW2 is less okay. So I'm taking "the side of the other games". I want to show to the gamer community that not everyone is going to play GW2 and that other games are worth it aswell.

That's all. I've not said anything against the game itself, if you have read. Only that I'll not play it, that I'll not join everyone else, and that I'll stream exclusively other games than GW2 and stuff like that Wink
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down