Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games worth playing atm

+9
inuki
Chakra
Athimahri
Alakina
Acharial
amuatama
Elloa
Sávian
Aerowin
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Games worth playing atm Empty Games worth playing atm

Post by Aerowin Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:17 am

Hi guys, im making this thread because I think it could be nice to exchange some ideas of what games that currently are the most popular among this community? ,, Maybe we can play some together Smile.. Also I am in lack of games I can play without logging out after 20 mins :p

Well anyway heres my list of games that I currently think is worth playing.

first one is a game called Rusty Hearts currently in closed beta right now. I dont think it's hard to get a key right now, I just signed up and got instant key along with two additional keys I can give away. But the game seems interesting enough, most awesome epic introduction to a game I ever tried lol! Very Happy I wanted to try it quick for 10 mins before heading of to the sack , and what do you know, I end up playing for one and half hour lol.
But you can check it our on this link : w w w .rustyhearts.perfectworld.com/

second game would be forsaken world, though I havent tried so much of it yet lvl 8 I think d:, it seems to be a nice enough free to play mmo to spent some hours on.

last but not least WoW,, I am currently ''alone'' on my server due to the fact I havent played for months, and all my friends migrated or changed to hordes ;<.. But my acc is still active with a 85 night elf rogue as a main.. :> currently stationed on server Dragonblight.

and of course there is K-Tera which I am already downloading!!! afro , hopefully it will be done by noon today Very Happy

But yeah give your ideas / suggestions, on any cool games that might be worth a try.

Best regards Aerowin

NB. Hope this is the right place to post this, otherwise just relocate, I dont mind (-:
Aerowin
Aerowin

Back to top Go down

Games worth playing atm Empty Re: Games worth playing atm

Post by Sávian Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:09 am

I myself am playing both WoW and Forsaken World at the moment. Balancing both seems to keep the interest high for me. Never a dull or boring moment as sharing content between them means I always have something to do.

Both have their charms and both (still) have potential Very Happy
Sávian
Sávian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:29 am

Very good initiative !

I'm moving the thread in "Other games", so we can start to use that other game section more :p
I'll add my choice.

1. Minecraft.

Minecraft cost 15 € and it's the game wich allow the most freedom to its player.

You are an adventurer? Explore infinite maps in survival mode, shoot zombies and explore deep caves.
You are a harvester? Imagine how to make you lumberwood, your farm, your cactus plantation the most efficient and collect a loooot of materials.
You are a creator? Play in peacefull mode, download a mode to not harvest your materials if you do not like that, and build everything you can imagine : historic reconstructions, pixelart, crazy cities, your ideal house, castels, dragons...
You are an enginer ? Use the red stone and craft rollcaster, traps, secret doors and stairs, and stuff more complex than that : someone even managed to rebuild a computer working and realising a simple operation.
You are a musician ? Use the block note and create your music box, may it sound electronnic, or classical

I've played Minecraft a bit yesterday as K-Tera server was down, and OMG, it was so pleasant ! I think I'll play more :3 Here is the thread with my personal server.

2. I also have a Age of Conan accompt. It's a really great MMO with its very own atmosphere. Something more realistic, bloody, violent, sexy, adult. It's now F2P.

3. I play HON sometimes with Fredrik. But I'm not very good, and it's quite stressful for me. Very Happy

4. I started Forsaken World, but I've only done 2 quest and half..so well.. Can't say I've seen anything about it yet.

5. My WOW account will end this month. I do not think I'll re-open it. Whitestar WOW is on DefiasBrotherhood.

I thing I'll stick for now with K-Tera and Minecraft as main game and others games depending of who is playing on it.
If Whitestar community is choosing a second home while waiting for the incoming big title, I'd be able to invest myself into organisation etc... If not, I'll just take it easy.

Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm absorbed in KTera

other than that i play Minecraft as well
Then there is STO lifesubber there
Forsakenworld see if that is something for me although tabtargeting feels awkward now Games worth playing atm Grin
amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Amuatama wrote:I'm absorbed in KTera

other than that i play Minecraft as well
Then there is STO lifesubber there
Forsakenworld see if that is something for me although tabtargeting feels awkward now Games worth playing atm Grin

Yeah indeed, tab targeting combat feel so slow, artificial and static now. I've been kinda frustrated to not be able to run, and cast my spell in the same time :p
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:02 am

Ktera and Forsaken World are the only games for me right now. And yeah tab targeting kinda sucks :< Feels awkward and dull.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Alakina Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:31 am

a pointer! you can double click a target too, in Forsaken World..it has some practice to it..but it def. working!

I told this in Skype the other day..when i get enough people interested in playing FW and when i know they´re gonna play it once in a while i will create Whitestar guild in it. But before i have seen that "enthusiasm" i will not..since it requires me to be lvl 20 and have 10 gold...real gold that is...takes some time to gather 10 golds so its not just something i will throw away.

Last edited by Alakina on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Alakina
Alakina

Back to top Go down

Post by Athimahri Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:03 am

If we all get in the game - maybe we can help raise the cash?

Athimahri

Back to top Go down

Post by Alakina Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:03 am

to be able to gather 10 gold you need to sell stuff in the auctionhouse Smile thats the fastest way of getting real gold in the game Smile
Alakina
Alakina

Back to top Go down

Games worth playing atm Empty Why dontcha...?

Post by Chakra Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Just being curious, why don't you guys get back to your roots, and pick up playing WoW again?

When I first met with Whitestar earlier this year you all seem to be having lots of fun as a sort-of-casual raiding guild.
Getting back to your common WOW grounds may be easier than trying to find yet another game you all like playing.

And while you were drooling over pretty Korean avatars in Tera, the old farts at Blizzard introduced patch 4.2 with some pretty good content (Firelands anyone?)
and some neat new gear (I just love my new fireball trinket... sadistically enjoy the baddies getting smashed by a meteorite the size of a Tauren ;-)

Awell.... just the 2-cents of your friendly neighbourhood Shaman ;-) ...ducks for incoming meteorite... pffff that that one could have caused a very bad hair day...
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 pm

ooh heya!! Nice to see an old face coming back on those forum.

I myself do not want to play WOW anymore for now. I've been playing it during 6 years, and I've just been tired of it. In addition, before I "left", there was only raiding that I found fun, which is a activity very demanding in term of organisation, and I really do not have the energy to gather a working raiding group anymore.

A lot of new Whitestar members are not playing WOW at all or have stopped longs ago (and have character on other server which would mean 20 or 40 € in addition of monthlee fee)

But yeah..that could be a possible option if other feel like doing that.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inuki Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:19 pm

Eärwyn wrote:Just being curious, why don't you guys get back to your roots, and pick up playing WoW again?
I do play WoW, but not in Whitestar anymore - it´s not that fun to be always alone in the guild, so I am back to Horde, raiding Firelands etc., everything goes well.
inuki
inuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Alakina Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:20 pm

inuki wrote:
I do play WoW, but not in Whitestar anymore - it´s not that fun to be always alone in the guild, so I am back to Horde, raiding Firelands etc., everything goes well.

You need a Shadowpriest?
Alakina
Alakina

Back to top Go down

Post by inuki Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Fine by me, but I don´t know what is our recruitment status atm.
You could write an application here http://forums.thedogsofwar.no/ and we will see. Just a little warning - raiding is a bit more casual than it was in Whitestar, but its not a big problem. We do 10 man raids and have loads of fun and some success, thats enough for me.
inuki
inuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Majiinfreddy Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Oh, I need game suggestions >_<
Can't wait for Dead Island *shivers*

Anyway, if you are looking for a game to play, take a quick look on my mighty gaming list I made a couple of months ago;

plusoneint.blogspot.com/2011/07/rants-about-games-game-suggestions.html
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliny Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:55 pm

I don't know any games worth trying / playing Sad
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:36 pm

If you want to play Alliance you may want to check out the Deathsworn Verdict. They are a sort-of-casual/committed raiding Guild doing Firelands right now. Some of my friends are in there and are quite happy with it. I already moved my Priest there and will move over my Shaman as well when I'm back from vacation (my current guild failed to build up a reliable raiding group).

Last thing I've heard they were looking for good DPS, but are also open to other good players.
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:53 pm

There is also Star Trek online I'm currently trying out and IT's really awesome Smile
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Caduceus Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 pm

These would be my recomendations in general :3

Online:
-Minecraft
-World of Warcraft
-Tera ( Duh ;P)
-Phantasy Star Portable 2 ( on psp )
-Eden Eternal ( Only decent f2p i have played in ages )

Offline: ( if you like classic games )
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time
The Legend of Zelda : Oracle of Seasons&Ages (gbc)
The Legend of Zelda: Link´s awakening. (gb)
Final Fantasy 6-7-9
Grandia 1&2
Rune Factory series ( especially 3 ) (ds/wii)
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1&2
Ar Tonelico 2 (ps2)
Jade Cocoon (One of the most underestimated and overlooked rpgs ever)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Mount&Blade warband
- Golden sun 1 & 2 (gba)

Yes, i do love rpgs xD
I could probably think of a few more classics but those are the ones that i liked the most.

Last edited by Caduceus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caduceus
Caduceus

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Lots of portable device games, not able to play those. :/

<3 FF, Grandia, Ar Tonelico (The soundtrack of Ar Tonelico seires is awesome) ^^
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by inuki Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 pm

A.O.D wrote:Lots of portable device games, not able to play those. :/
In many cases you can use emulators.
inuki
inuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Caduceus Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:04 pm

inuki wrote:
A.O.D wrote:Lots of portable device games, not able to play those. :/
In many cases you can use emulators.
Except for the psp one (well you can but its quite harder) you can use emu´s for every single game i listed.
I do it regularly since even if i own most of those games, i do enoy playing them on my pc :3
Caduceus
Caduceus

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:10 pm

True, Only used SNES and N64 emu's so far. Wish they only would concentrate on one game console for each game-series. But i guess that won't happen considering this method increases the sales of those devices.
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Athimahri Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:11 pm

I just started Final Fantasy 13-2 last night.

Wow - they made it even more RPG like. You can choose how your character reacts from 4 options in certain situations. For example, at the beginning a character wakes up from a dream and the world mirrors that dream. It freeze and gives options of how you want that character to view what is happening ('am I still dreaming?' etc) and that option you choose echos later on.

CG battles have triggers - like in RE4. During a battle CG one or multiple options pops up in a slow- mo sequance and gives a few second timer option whether your character dodges an attack, whethre she attacks melee or ranged in the CG- its great!

Looking forward to getting back on it soon!

Athimahri

Back to top Go down

Post by inuki Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:14 pm

im using a PS2 emulator - looks rock solid!
inuki
inuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next