Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek Online

3 posters

Go down

Star Trek Online Empty Star Trek Online

Post by Acharial Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 am

Star Trek Online Badge_10

So Star Trek: Online, an mmo with all those funky hair cuts, square jackets and phasers? Correct!

What is STO?

This game released 5th of February 2010. I tried it at that point and it was totally crap. The game is designed so you have 50/50 ground and space combat. While the space combat always was fun the ground combat was not and a huge turn off. This July they overhauled the game quite a lot and it is now improved. If you like Star Trek this is totally a game for you. It gives the feeling of Star Trek like no tomorrow, you do diplomatic missions, explore, meet new races and what not! The game gives you the feeling of being quite huge.

The new combat is awesome! You can still have the old RPG style or toggle on the third person shooter like Mass Effect and other popular titles! It's very interesting. You also have your ship crew you can spec as you please and they will fill out the spots in a group, they can tank, heal support and rain destructions to your enemies, in space and on ground.

I'm very surprised and very happy to tried the game again. It also offers one thing I always want in my mmos: ROLEPLAY features. Cryptic is well known for their character creations and they haven't really failed in STO either! You can choose from a handfull of known races: Vulcan, Klingon, Andorian and many more, or you could simply create your own race and make him/her look as you please. This is not all! You also create your own uniform for you, for your crew! Chaning the appearence of your crew and their outfits is also possible.

The game offers a slight housing system also. You have your bridge you can change some stuff in.

Why play STO?

The main reason to play STO I belive is if you like Sci-Fi games and want something different. This game is totally different from other games. While you still have the "tank, healer, dps" roles they are more vague here and you can do very fine. Player skill comes to play a lot also becuase you need to actively dodge, roll, and aim. The game offers a very good Star Trek universe and you get immersed quite fast. The game starts out slow when you have your first ship but after level 11 you get a new ship for free and that is when your class stars to take shape for real.

There is also tons of various specs to try out. You can build your character like no one else! There are so many options no one is running around with the same build if they don't really go with "cookie cutter" specs. This game is by far not an elitist game so It's great!

Here is a link for the new ground combat. This is solo play and on very low difficulty. You can increase the difficulty and the game also scales with your group size and levels. It's also possible to sidekick. Me, Yima, Amuatama and Hultay play a lot with Draconis and there is a 20 levels gap between us but that's not a problem. We can sidekick him down to our level!

Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Online Empty Re: Star Trek Online

Post by Acharial Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:49 am

Whitestar now also is in Star Trek Online!!

Members: Acharial, Drakonis, Amuatama, Yima and Hultay.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Online Empty Star Trek Online F2P

Post by Acharial Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:39 am

Here you can read up on the STO F2P Model for those that are interested: http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p

We have a Whitestar guild going on in STO and we are actively playing it Smile If you want a a casual and RP friendly game don't hesitate to join us!

The F2P Model in this game is unlike AOC a very good one. Champions Online is pretty famous for It's extremly good F2P model. I find this model also slightly better than Lotro...
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:04 am

I need to update the thread and add STO to the list.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 am

The game is not F2P yet, but will be within a month Smile Perfect World bought up Cryptic and they are rather fast with turning games into F2P XD
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:27 am

Update that thread, mister moderator here. I've already add a STo picture! :p
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:07 pm

There we go!
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Not sure what to say, apart from the easy-mode Eve part, it looks like it has some originality.

A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:46 pm

A.O.D wrote:Not sure what to say, apart from the easy-mode Eve part, it looks like it has some originality.

It is very original. If you like Star Trek the game is really perfect, it's very different from other mmos.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down