Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNT - Tera News Time

5 posters

Go down

TNT - Tera News Time Empty TNT - Tera News Time

Post by Acharial Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:15 pm

TNT - Tera News Time Tera10

Hey fellow Tera members!

Whilst I was in the shower I got this brilliant idea, (well according to me anyway) that maybe some of you and me included would be interested in starting a newspaper for Tera! "What a horrible idea you might think", but don't!

Since Teras end game focus a lot on Politics this newspaper could be a very nice addition to the server. There will be plenty of guilds aiming to become Vanarchs but their motives would be very blurred.

My ideas of topics to write about:

• Poltics - Writing about votes, guild motives and simply what's going on in the Tera server we are playing on! Here we could also interview and see what players like about the current ruling on the server!
  • Economy - We could interview players and see what they like about the server economy and if they want to get heard we could help them out with an interview or such!
  • PvP - What's the leading arena team? What stretegies to they use and if they want to share some tips to other fellow PvPers.
  • Events - Guilds could try to contact us if they want to share events, maybe we could help them out with PR?

This is merely few stuff we could write about any ideas a welcome, and most of all what do you think about this idea?
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

TNT - Tera News Time Empty Re: TNT - Tera News Time

Post by amuatama Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Like the Idea would be awesome if we could use an ingame tool for that (like the books in UO)
amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 pm

hm sounds interesting but might be hard to accomplish.
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:04 pm

A.O.D wrote:hm sounds interesting but might be hard to accomplish.

Had similiar thing going on SWG, only problem is we would need atleast 5 dedicated people for it. I know me and Wendy would be very active with it but would ofc need more people for it.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:23 am

Acharial wrote:

Had similiar thing going on SWG, only problem is we would need atleast 5 dedicated people for it. I know me and Wendy would be very active with it but would ofc need more people for it.

Well knowing what you will be up too makes it a lot easier. How and how frequent do you intend to release news ? 1, 2, 4 weeks between or will it be an article "collection" where you add new ones as soon you have something new ?

Just curious ^^
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:32 am

A.O.D wrote:
Acharial wrote:

Well knowing what you will be up too makes it a lot easier. How and how frequent do you intend to release news ? 1, 2, 4 weeks between or will it be an article "collection" where you add new ones as soon you have something new ?

Just curious ^^

Weekly is way too frequent, maybe 2-4 weeks. Or simply just have a Blog and update it more often is an option as well Smile I think the blog Idea would be much more modern and perhaps easier to work with too.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:54 am

Ok so the last one of my choices i listed above. Well it does make things more flexible.
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhashazi Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Wow, cool idea Smile. It would help our guild a lot to get recognition on the server, thus make it easier to get a Vanarch elected! I would be up to help. Karn's the first to help - graphics nut ^^.

Also I think the blog is the way to go - you can easily post something when there is some new stuff written.
Rhashazi
Rhashazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Rhashazi wrote:Wow, cool idea Smile. It would help our guild a lot to get recognition on the server, thus make it easier to get a Vanarch elected! I would be up to help. Karn's the first to help - graphics nut ^^.

Also I think the blog is the way to go - you can easily post something when there is some new stuff written.
'

nice you like the idea too! Smile Karns help will be a lot of help for this project of course: 3
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Okay! I didn't had answered to this thread previously because my head was busy with D&D.
As we said : great mind are alike. The Newspaper is something i intended to organise when I had my roleplay community project for Tera.
Now I don't want to take care of the roleplay community anymore, and this for several reasons.

However, I think it will be a great idea for us.

As we will want to participate to the Politics, we will need to show our strenghts, and take advantage of it. Our strenghts is not "brutale" force, our number, or server first achievements or anything like that. Our strenghts is our community. So it's our social skills that we wil have to use to be known, appreciated and be elected.
A Newspaper, if well done, will be an excellent tool.

The Newspaper can not serve to promote directly our guild. That would be wrong, and would be seen wrong. Like "interview of Acharial, the most amazing healer of our server". That would be a poorly disguised "Vote for us". However, if we lead the project of the Newspaper with proffesionalism, dedication, keeping a relative "neutrality" to have objective articles, this will be enough to promote our guild.
We could also "hire" persons out of the guild. But then we will need to be carefull to keep the lead of the project.

What's important is, once we engage ourselves in this project to do it well. And not halfway. We need a nice support, a beautiful and engaging presentation, and regular articles. Those articles could cover different subject. It would speak about the monthly elections, we could have one interview by month about a "famous" character, this could be Lore articles, and contest.

It's very important to focus on the community. People will like it, and will love to be able to participate. The Newspaper will not only be used to promote us, but also our server, and it can enhance the community of our realm. if we, Whitestar, are actively participating to the community, I believe that we might have a chance in the elections.

I think that we have several persons here, in Whitestar, perfectly able to contribute nicely to this project. Our possibilities are limitless. We can even add a "video" news once in a while. Yima and Paul are very good with movies, and I'm not totaly bad either.

I've a bit experience with newspaper in roleplaying server. I can tell that poeple like : short news (lazzy readers hellooo), images (where they can see themselves or their guild), interviews, false commercials, and anything that can speak about them. What people do not like is too long and too serious articles, black/white style and article focused on the Lore and not on the people.

Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down