Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Anime thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anime thread

Post by Tsukuyomi on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:17 pm

General anime discussion thread!
What animes have you seen, what is your favorite animes, if you want some tips on what to watch, if you have tips on what to watch, anything.

I myself have watched quite a lot of different animes, but i can say from the start i have not watched Naruto, Bleach or One Piece for a long time. A lot of other stuff tho.

Well, to begin with, have anyone seen Wolf and Spice? If so, what did you think of it?
avatar
Tsukuyomi

Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 30
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Malera on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:27 pm

I've never been a big fan of anime, there is a few that I've liked tho.

1. To Love Ru

2. Nyan koi

3. Lucky Star

Malera

Posts : 160
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Caduceus on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:29 pm

My favorites in no particular order:

Yugioh The Abridged Series (If this counts as anime, being a parody xD)
Gintama (Senseless comedy with some action inbetween xD)
Kanon / Clannad (Romance/drama/comedy)
Utawarerumono (Romance/war/anthro)
Onegai Twins (Sequel to Onegai Teacher, mostly romance/comedy)
School Days (It begins as a school harem but....it goes it´s own way xD)
Dog Days (Romance/comedy/action/anthro)
G-Gundam (Self explanatory)
GaoGaiGar (Hotblooded villain of the week old school mecha)
Hokuto No Ken ( old school action )
Dragon Ball Z
Saint Seiya ( all of the seasons ) Probably my number 1 favorite.
Digimon


avatar
Caduceus

Posts : 49
Join date : 2012-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Tsukuyomi on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Malera wrote:I've never been a big fan of anime, there is a few that I've liked tho.

1. To Love Ru

2. Nyan koi

3. Lucky Star
Lucky star is easily one of my favorites as well... it is not a complete coincidence that my Elin kinda looks like Konata. Wink

Caduceus wrote:My favorites in no particular order:

Yugioh The Abridged Series (If this counts as anime, being a parody xD)
Gintama (Senseless comedy with some action inbetween xD)
Kanon / Clannad (Romance/drama/comedy)
Utawarerumono (Romance/war/anthro)
Onegai Twins (Sequel to Onegai Teacher, mostly romance/comedy)
School Days (It begins as a school harem but....it goes it´s own way xD)
Dog Days (Romance/comedy/action/anthro)
G-Gundam (Self explanatory)
GaoGaiGar (Hotblooded villain of the week old school mecha)
Hokuto No Ken ( old school action )
Dragon Ball Z
Saint Seiya ( all of the seasons ) Probably my number 1 favorite.
Digimon
Well, i have not watched all of those, but some i really liked. Utawarerumono was fun, although the ending was a bit out of whack. I actually tried to play the game, didn't work out so well tho.
And Dog Days! The most serious warfare EVER... Had way more fun with that than maybe i should have. Seriously, "too much fanservice" as a reason to surrender on the battlefield?
Also, School days? NICE BOAT.

The ones I'm currently watching is;
Natsume Yuujinchou (Slow paced, nice if you want to relax.)
Nichijou (Translates to "My Ordinary Life", ordinary my foot, this one breaks my brain. Seriously whacky humor.)
Kaichou wa Maid-sama (Romance and comedy, and maids.)
Yakushiji Ryoko (Ryoko's Case File. Dark, supernatural police work. Only seen a few episodes so far, not sure what i think of it yet.)
avatar
Tsukuyomi

Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 30
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Acharial on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:57 pm

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Cowboy Beboop
3. Berserk
4. Full Metal Alchemist
5. Gintama
6. Rayearth
7. Elfen Lied
8. Death Note
9. ....... can't decide... XD
avatar
Acharial

Posts : 690
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 28
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by A.O.D on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Tsukuyomi wrote:General anime discussion thread!
What animes have you seen, what is your favorite animes, if you want some tips on what to watch, if you have tips on what to watch, anything.

I myself have watched quite a lot of different animes, but i can say from the start i have not watched Naruto, Bleach or One Piece for a long time. A lot of other stuff tho.

Well, to begin with, have anyone seen Wolf and Spice? If so, what did you think of it?

Well guess it was about time we had one of those threads started.
Spice and Wolf is one of my absolute big time favorites. In the around 10 years i have seen tons of all kinds of anime but its still one of my top 5.
For those who like Mecha and great animation style i recommend watching Broken Blade.
Chobits for the Romance/Story types.
Hajime no Ippo for the ones that like sports anime.

I don't want to make a list of my top favs but one i recommend is Beck for those who have not watched it yet.
In case you want to see a list, i have one at aniDB thats fairly accurate.
avatar
A.O.D

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 33
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Majiinfreddy on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Acharial wrote:1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Cowboy Beboop
3. Berserk
4. Full Metal Alchemist
5. Gintama
6. Rayearth
7. Elfen Lied
8. Death Note
9. ....... can't decide... XD

The man has taste !

1. Ghost in the Shell
2. Cowboy Bebop
3 . Onegai Teacher
4. Hellsing
5. Great Teacher Onizuka
6. Monster
7. Elfen Lied
8. Death Note
9. Rurouni Kenshin
10. Vampire Hunter D

In no particular order, except the first two ^^.
avatar
Majiinfreddy

Posts : 326
Join date : 2011-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Castiel on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:45 pm

In no particular order:

Ghost in the shell (but only the first one)
Elfen lied
Death note
Bleach
Soul eater (gotta love Death the Kid)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (+++ Smile)
Shakugan no Shana (totally introduced me to Melon pan)
I used to like naruto but then i kinda grew bored of it, havent watch it in a while.
One piece and Excel saga for lol!

Some i grew up with:
Dragon ball, Dragon ball Z
Ranma 1/2
Saint Seiya (although i must say i quite enjoy the new Lost Canvas)
avatar
Castiel

Posts : 62
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Lisbon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Acharial on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:24 pm

I forgot:

Ghost in the shell
Monster

:3
avatar
Acharial

Posts : 690
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 28
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Karneelya on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Here is my list of faves (thank god for myanimelist net ^^). No particular order.

TV:
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ghost in the shell
Elfen Lied
Nana, Paradise Kiss, Gokinjo Monogatari ( I love Ai Yazawa)
Durarara!!
Natsume Yuujinchou
Darker Than Black
Jigoku Shoujo
Kuroshitsuji series
xxxHOLiC series
Vampire Princess Miyu
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Movies:
Ghost in the shell
Howl's Moving Castle
My Neighbor Totoro
Perfect Blue
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
The Cat Returns
Tokyo Godfathers
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Millennium Actress
Wonderful Days (Sky Blue)
Porco Rosso
Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away
Paprika
Kakurenbo
avatar
Karneelya

Posts : 97
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Castiel on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 am

uuuh Perfect Blue is very nice, seen it so long ago that i forgot about it Smile
avatar
Castiel

Posts : 62
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Lisbon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by A.O.D on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:55 am

Yoruichi wrote:Ghost in the shell (but only the first one)

You mean the movie from 95 or the first season?

You all list Ghost in the Shell but you don't specify which one; movie (from 95's), series, newer movies or all? There is a big difference between the old and newer releases. >.<
avatar
A.O.D

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 33
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Acharial on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:02 am

I mean the movie and Stand Alone Complex
avatar
Acharial

Posts : 690
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 28
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by A.O.D on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Acharial wrote:I mean the movie and Stand Alone Complex

Ok the newer ones. Have you seen the first movie (from 1995) yet?
avatar
A.O.D

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 33
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Karneelya on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:40 pm

A.O.D wrote:
You all list Ghost in the Shell but you don't specify which one; movie (from 95's), series, newer movies or all? There is a big difference between the old and newer releases. >.<

I divided my list into 'TV' and 'Movie', so obviously I meant the tv series (ofc the first was the best) and the 1995 movie - didn't say anything about 2.0, 2.0 Innocence or SSS Wink
avatar
Karneelya

Posts : 97
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Majiinfreddy on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:28 pm

A.O.D wrote:
You all list Ghost in the Shell but you don't specify which one; movie (from 95's), series, newer movies or all? There is a big difference between the old and newer releases. >.<

E V E R Y T H I N G
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mainly Gits 1st and 2nd though.
avatar
Majiinfreddy

Posts : 326
Join date : 2011-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Castiel on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:03 pm

95 movie Wink
avatar
Castiel

Posts : 62
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Lisbon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by A.O.D on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02 am

Yoruichi wrote:95 movie Wink

Ok
avatar
A.O.D

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 33
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Caduceus on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:26 am

Apparently i am the only one that does not like Gits xD
avatar
Caduceus

Posts : 49
Join date : 2012-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by A.O.D on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 am

Caduceus wrote:Apparently i am the only one that does not like Gits xD

Don't worry about it everyone has different tasted. Wink

I for example hate Lucky Star. It's one of the 4-5 anime series in my life i have not finished watching. Guess it was LS that made me start to dislike/being skeptic about daily life, school life genres in the title.
avatar
A.O.D

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 33
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Tsukuyomi on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:20 pm

A.O.D wrote:
Caduceus wrote:Apparently i am the only one that does not like Gits xD

Don't worry about it everyone has different tasted. Wink

I for example hate Lucky Star. It's one of the 4-5 anime series in my life i have not finished watching. Guess it was LS that made me start to dislike/being skeptic about daily life, school life genres in the title.
I can actually easily see how one could dislike Lucky Star, since the humor is a bit special. I like it tho.

As for Ghost in the Shell, i have only watched Stand Alone Complex, and to me its basically okay, not bad in any means but a bit too dystopian for my liking.

But, speaking of more depressing animes, i just have to ask; how many here have seen Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)?
The one that taught me that not only could magical girl animes be made seriously, but seriously depressing...
avatar
Tsukuyomi

Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 30
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Castiel on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Never seen Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica.

But just remembered another one that i liked: Le Chevalier D'eon ^^

I love it when they recite the psalm of kings xD


edit: uuh and Claymore! (who doesnt love Bisho no Teresa)
avatar
Castiel

Posts : 62
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Lisbon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by A.O.D on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Tsukuyomi wrote:But, speaking of more depressing animes, i just have to ask; how many here have seen Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)?
The one that taught me that not only could magical girl animes be made seriously, but seriously depressing...

Watched it and yes its was a lot darker than i first thought. Its not what you expect from a Mahou Shoujo anime.
avatar
A.O.D

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 33
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Caduceus on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:05 pm

For those of you who watched/liked Dog Days, season 2 has been confirmed, which kind of was necessary considering the ending pretty much left everything in the air.
avatar
Caduceus

Posts : 49
Join date : 2012-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Tsukuyomi on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Caduceus wrote:For those of you who watched/liked Dog Days, season 2 has been confirmed, which kind of was necessary considering the ending pretty much left everything in the air.
Yay~
But yeah, SAW THAT COMING.
Now I'm curious if Shinku really is going to bring his human girl-friend to meed with dog-princess... and if that is going to end in a cat-fight. Razz
avatar
Tsukuyomi

Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 30
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum