Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second numero

4 posters

Go down

Second numero Empty Second numero

Post by Elloa Wed May 09, 2012 10:26 am

Okay guys....

Let's be clear about what we are doing for this week. Remember that articles do not need to be particuliary written for monday, but when they are ready.
Only "Flash news", "question of the week", and "GvG report" and Screenshot of the week will be published on monday.

Interview of the server first : Malera (interview of Ironman)
Special article concerning the Prime : I was about to do that. I'm taking a screenshot of everyone gathered tonight and I've already a kind of "scoop". BUT, if peter want to do the article instead, no problem for me, i'll just give you the info that I have gathered already.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Second numero Empty Re: Second numero

Post by Malera Wed May 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Interview with Ironman, server frist Prime, need to be fixed up and proofread!

Malera: First of all, let me congratulate you Ironman, to the servers first Prime!
IronMan: Thank you Smile
Malera: First question, who are you? Tell us a little about yourself!
IronMan: I'm a long time MMO player, before TERA I was playing a small sandbox MMO called Mortal Online.
Malera: Okay, achieving "Server First" is no easy task! Do you have any other experience with similar achievments in other games?
IronMan: The only other MMO that I tried for server first was Rift. I played on Whitefall and was the highest Mage, would have been server first 50 Mage but at 48 I ran out of quests and got bored with it so I rerolled and still got third 50 Warrior Razz
Malera: How did you prepare before powerlevling? Stacking up lots of energydrinks?
IronMan: I bought fruit, tea and biscuits and some energy drinks. I never did end up drinking the energy drinks, though. I tried sleeping 12 hours the night before but couldn't sleep as I was pretty nervous about the title
Malera: So, you did plan to get this title? How long have this been on your mind?
IronMan: I didn't actually know there was an achievement for it until head start. So that's when I started planning for it.
I levelled a Berserker to 38 first and then Lancer & Warrior to 25/28
then I finally settled on Slayer, got him to 38 on the Monday before launch and did as many repeatables as I could be bothered with on Tuesday
a lot of people I asked said I wouldnt get it because we only had enough repeatables for level 39.5ish
a lot of others had them stacked to 42 but in the end that didn't really matter as we had more willpower to stay awake, which is what we were hoping for
Malera: This leads me to my next question, about how many hours a day did you have to play to get the title?
IronMan: it took 49 hours to get the title, played straight through could have been a bit less, but we got stuck grinding and decided to try different repeatables to see what was best to grind.
Malera: Once getting the title, did you do anything special to celebrate? Wink
IronMan: high fived each other and then slept for a long time Razz
Malera: Can you share any tips for people that wish to try for titles like these in the future?
IronMan: Sure! Never give up, if you get stuck you just have to power through. I was ready to quit at 55 as I had to grind an entire level but my partner kept me going and in the end we got the title. Also, if you can, make sure you are able to stay awake for the duration. Others might get it if you have to go to sleep!
Malera: Last question! What are you looking forward to in Tera?
IronMan: I'm looking forward to how they are going to improve PvP - I really think this game has the potential to be an awesome PvP game as it's very skill based and every fight is different
Malera: Okay!
Malera: Well, thank you for taking your time talking with me!
IronMan: No worries Very Happy hopefully you got something useful out of all that Razz

Malera

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu May 10, 2012 12:35 am

Second numero Black_10

Second numero Laizy-10

Second numero Primef10

Second numero Primes10

Second numero Ironma10
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu May 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Second numero Cat_va11

One of the most exiting features in Tera is dubteless the political system. Running a promotional campain, beeing elected by popular vote or by dominating battlegrounds, and finaly becoming the ruler of one of the 15 provinces might be the the final goal of many guilds, Who didn't dreamt to proudly cross Arborea, mounting the Vanarch horse, followed by a dozen of guildies?

The first election was supposed to start the 9 may. Some guilds, like <Whitestar> or <The Crimson Eye> had already planned their campain, and announced their candidature on the forums.
However, very few hours later, Raven declared that the political system will be delayed :
"As it is written in our news, we'll announce the date in advance before the system will be activated and we'll stick to this. We'll have more news on that in the next couple of days. So the system will be activated after our announcement, so you can prepare yours"elf.

What's the reaction of the Samael community? Are the guild leaders disapointed, or do they find the delay a good opportunity to prepare themselves better?

Sam, leader of <Outlaw> was expecting a delay and do not feel bothered. He believe that it will let more time for less known guilds to build a reputation, or for smaller ones to gather the ressources needed. "It will let time to see how the economy works" add him.
Opinion shared by Sonho, leader of <Curled Mustache> who only deplore that the date had not been changed in game.
Sylver, leader of <The Crimson Eye> is more mitigated.
"It is quite annoying since we were expecting it and were making plans for this period, although the plans we had were kind of rushed. So it might have been a good thing so we can prepare better next time! "

No one know when the first election will start, nor who will be the Samael favourite candidates. Only one thing is certain : Samael News will follow the election closely and share all informations, all scoop about it!

- Elloa
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiaria Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 pm

One of the most exciting features in Tera is undoubtedly the political system. Running a promotional campaign, being elected by popular vote or by dominating battlegrounds and finally becoming the ruler of one of the 15 provinces might be the goal of many guilds. Who hasn't dreamed of proudly crossing Arborea mounted on a Vanarch horse followed by a dozen guildies?

The first election was supposed to be May 9th. Some guilds, like «Whitestar» and «The Crimson Eye», had already planned their campaign and announced it on the forums. However, a few hours later, Raven declared that the political system would be delayed:
«As it is written in our news, we'll announce the date in advance before the system will be activated and we'll stick to this. We'll have more news on that in the next couple of days. So the system will be activated after our announcement, so you can prepare yourself.»

How does our community respond to this? Are you disappointed or do you think the delay is a good opportunity to prepare yourself better?

Sam, the leader of «Outlaw», was expecting the delay and isn't bothered by it. He believes it will give less known guilds some time to build a reputation and for small guilds to gather the resources they need to run in the election. «It will give us some time to see how the economy works» he says.
His opinion is shared by Sonho, the guildleader of «Curled Mustache», he only deplores that the date hasn't been changed ingame.
Sylver, the leader of «The Crimson Eye», is ambivalent towards the change:
«It is quite annoying since we were expecting it and were making plans for this period, although the plans we had were kind of rushed. So it might have been a good thing so we can prepare better next time!»

We know now that the voting stage of the first election will start the 23 may, but we don't know who will be the favourite candidates on Samael. Only one thing is certain: Samael News will follow the election closely and share all information and scoops about it!

- Elloa

Last edited by Naiaria on Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naiaria
Naiaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu May 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks Margret!! <3
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat May 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Second numero Primes11

Second numero Primes12

This wednesday 9 may, I gathered all Primes, for a meeting in front of Velika's Gates : Ironman (Slayer), Lyanisu (Berserker) from <Evil League of Evil>, Vanille (Sorcerer), Koko (Warrior), Eleanor (Archer) from <Soul Eater>, Laizy (Priest) <Elin Dance Squad> and Blacklotus (Lancer)<Third Eye>. The reason was to take a screenshot of all Primes together, but it ended in a nice small gathering where everyone could chat with each other, and duel a bit. I obviously participated only as photograph.
I tried at some point to pretend that I was the Mystic Prime joining the meeting icognito, but for some reasons no one believed me. For a long time, the Prime Mystic had been unknow of most. His name had never been announced on forum, and as Mystic is the least class played in Tera (exept in my guild...) some believed that the title was still to take. So it's wednesday that I learnt the name of the Mystic Prime : Potato, from <Tangra> . Unfortunately he was stuck in a hardmode instance and could not join our meeting.

The competition to earn such a fate can be somewhat hard. For example the Lancer Prime title had been disputed closely by three players : Zelax, Justiice and Blacklotus. Blacklotus was leveling by himself and was killed by Justiice for a plant. At that moment Justiice was leading the race, but when Blacklotus told him "Let's play together since lance prime is probably taken. I saw a lancer, Zelax, higher already, yesterday", he choose to continue his way, and take it easy. When Blacklotus earned the title, Justiice felt kinda fooled.
"I didn't know Zelax wasn't up ahead anymore" confess Blacklotus.

It's a popular thing to say that poeple at the Top are lonely. I was wondering how was the life of level 60 players. And it is indeed lonely. There is not much level 60 yet, even if the sixtie population is growing every days. The Dungeon Finder queues were awfully long. Sometimes 4 hours! So, what's left for a lvl 60?
"Beeing 60 is beeing Outlaw, or leveling alts" conclude Ironman. The massacred population of Fey Forest can witness this sad truth.

Last edited by Elloa on Sun May 13, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sun May 13, 2012 4:11 am

Would you have enjoyed to attempt the Prime title and why?

Second numero Ganhal10
Ganhala, Castanic sorcerer from <Phoenix Legion>
"No. I play this game for fun, not for glory"

Second numero Vasjir10
Vasjiir, human warrior, from <Sage>
"No, I simply can't sit in front of my computer for 24/7 until I'd get to 60. I do play some 12 hours sessions, but more than that often is a no go."

Second numero Deaths10
Deathslayer, Castanic warrior from <Heaven Eight>
"Well, of course. Who doesn't like fame? Just the feeling of being The Boss is awesome"

Second numero Valora10
Valora, Castanic Warrior from <Curleh Mustache>
"I did it on my first character, Valtor, my zerker. I just like competition and for once the title for server first actually sounded good in my opinion. I tried but I didn't win"

Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sun May 13, 2012 11:07 am

• 7 may at 01h : Blacklotus, human lancer from <Third Eye> hit the level cap, 2h before his opponent that was racing for the prime: Justiice, aman guild master of <Amnesia Gaming>. We can understand the bitterness of the aman that had been leading the race almost to the end. (see article blabla for more infos) Congratulation to Blacklotus!

• 8 may at 22h : Whitestar published its Political Campaign, centered around the Community and a Pirate theme. They are applying for the jungles and islands of Ostgarath that they intend to transform it into a place of festivities and games by organising one event by week.
    The morow, Silver from "The Crimson Eye", publish his own campain. His targeted province is Poporia. He offer protection of the population against outlaws and assistance in guild wars. He also promises a Tournament.
    Unfortunately few hours later, the Tera Eu community manager Raven confessed that the politcal system isn't implemented yet.

• The Slayer Prime Ironman (see our interview) had been seen several times this week in Lumbertown, massacring low level players by blocking the bridge.
    "The chat was full of rage, and he was occasionally answering peoples raging, although all of his answers were troll-like." report Bogz from Cleavage KamikaZe
    Ironman had also wiped a party 6 levels below him that were engaged in a BAM fight, just for the pleasure of hearing them rage on their stream. "I had to kill those guys for live comments"
    The Baraka had confessed himself that he had nothing to do since he was level 60, than being an Outlaw or leveling new characters. It's a fact that there's not that many opponents of his level on the server, but one can wonder if it is all neccessary?

• 10 may 2012, Zapfcarn, from Ragnarok accused the leader of his former guild, Kollectivet to lead an action of revenge on Ragnarok. Nomii would have organised an alliance with six other guilds to attack and crush Ragnarok ( among those Curleh Mustache and Delirium) . In addition, Kollectiveit had declared a war against its own alt guild. This action is interpreted by Zapfcarn as a lame way to get one victory more, intentions denied by Koliktivet.
    To respond to the attack from several guilds, Ragnarok organised it's own alliance. We're guessing that Tangra is part of it.
    A stormy disscussion followed on the European forum between the two Norwegian guilds accusing the other and defending themselves.
    This is the first drama happening on Samael, and the case is certainly not closed yet. Samael News will follow this closely as we can expect more wars, and more betrayals in the weeks to come.

• Akanee, human slayer from <...> followed the steps of the Ironman by terrorising the Fey Forest. While most players were filled with rage, others appreciated the effort of the slayer to keep the PVP alive on Samael. One of them opened a thread on the forum called "Official Akanee Fan Club".
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Malera Sun May 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Good work Wendy! It shows that you have been working really hard!

Malera

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhashazi Mon May 14, 2012 2:04 am

Aaaand it's out! God job everyone ^_^.
Rhashazi
Rhashazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Malera Mon May 14, 2012 8:18 am

Yay!

Malera