Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard mode runs

4 posters

Go down

Hard mode runs Empty Hard mode runs

Post by Aurrius Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Yo!

So I planed to start "schedueling" a few HM runs, this is nothing set in stone but as I know we are atleast a few that still need gear from them and enjoy doing them, me included, I thought I would set this up.
There will be a few "rules" and guidelines to smooth the process.
I'm usaly not home befor 20.00 and then I got to eat and get the kid to sleep if he's still up so the plan is to start at around 20.30-21.00 depending on how it looks, pretty much everyday but wensdays.

I will not set any teams up, yet, but this is simply enough to let you guys know that I will be running HMs regulary and what I "requier" of you if you want to join.
We will start of with BT, only one I done so far, see how that works out and then eventually run an other one if guys are up for otherwise we'll see what we are up for the next day and pick an instance based on that, once we started doing a few of these runs and seen them all and I / someone else know the requiersments to not turn it into a wipe night we can start base what instance we want to run depending on what set-up we have that night as well on what gear we need and where it drops.

So about all of these rules, guidelines and requiersment I am talking about.

1. Loot is need or greed, you need if you need it for your main spec you greed if you want the creds for it or want it for a companion.

2. I will not deny anyone befor I done atleast one run with them. Lets be honest here, Ï'm doing this becous I enjoy it and to give people a chans to gear up however every HM have enrage timers on each boss, once these hits 0 it's a matter of secounds and luck befor it's a wipe, if it keeps enraging at 15-20%, sorry but we will need to have to change one or mabey even bouth DPS, same goes for healer and tank ofc, if the tank can't keep aggro with DPS over 12 years and any sens of logic we will have to change tank (me that is) if the healer can't keep the tank alive, unless I fuck up, we will have to change healer, nothing more to it.

3. Listen, if I tell you "this boss will spawn shit on the ground, don't stand in shit" and you stand in shit.... well sorry dude I will tell you again and again and then mabey even once more but then your out.

4. Gear pre-HMs, this goes back to point 2 really, I won't turn you down due to your gear, at first, if how ever we do a run have 3+ wipes at a boss and realise your running around in lv 19 greenis becous they look the best, sorry but I will point you the way to where you can gear up and mabey even join you for a few normal FPs but you won't be welcome in running HMs befor you put in some effort on your own.

5. Know your class and spec, this may sound hardcore or what ever, I'm not asking you to PM me with your max DPS rotation or explain why you picked each of your talents I just ask you not to come in a tank spec if your DPSing or have all + def / absorb / shield gear if your DPSing as well as knowing that taunt aint your ultra mega DPS ability, it's a thing that should be far far away on your action bar for incase shit hits the fan.
Also please keep track on your CC abilitys as well as knowing that you can't AoE next to a CCed target and know that the tank is the only one who ever should brake CC or do a pull unless otherwise told by the tank.
When it comes to marks etc I will let you know when it's needed.

6. Try to keep the brakes to a minimum, if you need a bio go for it, if you need to grab a glas of water let us know, if the kid wakes up and need a snack yell at your wife. No honestly give him / her something to eat, I got a kid myself they can get really grumpy.
But if at all possibal, let us know that you need to take a bio and grab a beer and a smoke befor we start the run not once we enter the instance or half way in so the rest of us got a chans to do a daily or grab a beer or what ever the fuck you want to do.

I guess that's it, less then I thought it would be but probleby more then needed Wink

I hope you guys didn't take this too "hardcore" or anything, if this is something that is of intresst for you please let me know in this thread, what we'll need is 1 healer as well as 2 DPS, would prefer a ranged and a meele DPS alt 2 ranged DPS but as mentioned I will work around with what I get.
If you got any questions at all about pretty much anything please ask me here or in game.

Cheers
Aurrius

Aurrius

Back to top Go down

Hard mode runs Empty Re: Hard mode runs

Post by A.O.D Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:13 pm

It does sound kinda hardcore ^^. But given your examples you gave to justify your actions (lvl 19 greens xD) most parts sound reasonable. Reading it as it is your own personal view of to how you would like a HM group to look/behave like.

Lets just hope this post won't start any "sub"-groups inside the guild or something related. Wink
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Sound scarry! brrrrrrrr

Now, more seriously. It's important to keep in mind two thing when you play a game, and more when you organise something : your own fun, and what's good for the whole community.
Magnus show here : "I'm organising those heroics, this is how I'm having fun. Come with me if you like. I'll be happy to share my knowledge/organisation with you. But if you broke my fun, i'll not take you in my run anymore "

This is fair enough. Everyone is warned clearly in advance, and there will really be no need to be mad, or to be angry as it can not have any misunderstanding. He organise it, it's his rules. I'd organise runs myself, it would have my rules. (You don't wait for me, you are not healed!!!!)

Well, of course Magnus would still have to say it nicely obviously "No, sorry dear dear Elloa, maybe you could with Majiin instead? You are maybe not so so excellent to keep me alive. But I'm sure it's only because emmmm...Operative and pyro don't match very well? Not because you sucks *cough cough*. kuddos XXXXX"
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurrius Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Well for you who haven't disscused or chatted that much with me I'm a pretty straight forward and honest guy that may end up sounding rather blunt from time to time, that's just the way I roll niggeh!

Anyhow when it comes to sub-groups this is not something I'm looking to creat but this is the way all communitys end up, be it a work place, a MMO guild or a sports team, you will find people you enjoy more then others and you will find people that fit your play style more then others, I know from playing WoW what was importen to me was progression and having a good laugh others in the guild were more achivment whores and rather wiped on a boss for 3 weeks to get all the achivments insted of seeing progress with no achivments, even if it still was for a good laugh.

As mentioned I'm not looking to creat sub-groups but if I plan to do an BT run tomorrow night with Elloa, Yima and Cheza and Misty asks me if I want to join for a D7 run tomrrow night I will have to turn him down as I already have other plans, with an other group, in the same game, in the same guild = sub-group if we start planing this regulary, I don't see any problems with this and I don't belive it destorys the community or anything like that at all, how ever if you start refusing people from the guild and saying "I will only do runs with X, Z and Y" then I can see a problem.
I for one don't always have that much play time and I want to be as sure as possibal that I will have time to make atleast 1 HM as often as possibla and planing ahead is the best way for me and probleby a few others to do that.

As Elloa mentioned I do this for me, first and foremost, if it helps someone else I'm more then happy for them. All of these rules are to make stuff smooth, having a steady progress towards gearing up and seeing harder HMs and eventualy raiding in the end for atleast some of us. The resson I'm talking about loot is to reduce the drama and not have to nagg about it befor every singel run, same thing with CC / AoE / specs / gear / etc, I don't want to have to act as a dad when I play a game as this is my time away from being a dad, bouth literaly but also as a coach for a u-17 team and work as personal trainer and massage therapist this all involves alot of explination of things that some of us may consider absolut logic.
I'm not saying I won't step up and lead the group that I'm with simply enough that I feel that to give me and all others a chans to make a smooth run and have a good laugh I prefer to take all the explinations outside the instance, besides from tactics.

So as mentioned befor, if you got any questions about any class, spec or gear poke me and I'll try to answer everything I possibal can or let you know where to look it up.

Aurrius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinjazor Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:44 am

If I'm on and not running something else at the time gimme a shout.. I recommend always bringing a BH to BT.... seriously 4 out of 5 drops is BH :p

Kinjazor

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Yea 2x Runs and not a single Inq/Heal thingy! >.<

Still fun runs though ^^, except the part that Kinja has lucky rolls to get all Biometric drops in both runs so far. >.<
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurrius Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Well not to worry this is as mentioned something I plan to do on a regular base, sooner or later he will have crafted everything he needs as well as having all the gear ^_~

Aurrius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinjazor Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Haha if one counts as all.. :d i think i remember a BH wining one along with their customary full set of gear :p

Kinjazor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum