Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preorder Tera

+6
sg17a
Tsuanni
A.O.D
Athimahri
Acharial
Elloa
10 posters

Whitestar :: Games :: Tera :: Memories

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Preorder Tera - Page 2 Empty Re: Preorder Tera

Post by inuki Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Malera wrote:In what country do you live?

Not sure that we should call them "nazis" as Im sure that is not the case just cause they're german.

I have not been here for the amount of time you have, not at all.
But seeing "At moments like that I regret that my grandpa havent kill more nazis with his T34 when he had the chance :/" and refering to the Frogster staff makes me a unhappy panda.

I am from Russia and I have some information that all Russian, Ukrainian, Belarus and probably other ex-USSR countries IPs are banned.

Okay, found it. http://tera-europe.com/faq.html

17: Is there any kind of IP block for TERA in Europe?
Yes, there is an IP block for certain countries for TERA in Europe. The following countries won't be able to access our Frogster servers for TERA in Europe: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Byelorussia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine.

I will check prices for VPNs, maybe it can help... Not sure about latency.

Last edited by inuki on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
inuki
inuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Malera Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Yes Russia is blocked by IP unfortenaly. I would guess it is because they decided to wait for a Russian publicer.

Also, would you care to explain the statement that I quoted as I find it rather offensive as it seemed like you pointed it towards ordinary german people working for Frogster.

Malera

Back to top Go down

Post by inuki Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Malera wrote:Also, would you care to explain the statement that I quoted as I find it rather offensive as it seemed like you pointed it towards ordinary german people working for Frogster.

Sorry for offensive words against ordinary people that ban me just because I am Russian. It's their game and they are free to ban anything they don't like and I cannot help it if they don't like all ex-USSR people.

Dunno about everyone, but we usually call those who discriminate people by their nation "nazi". Maybe its a wrong word.
inuki
inuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliny Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm quite sure there was more countries in ex-USSR. I could be wrong tho Wink I'm quite sure it has nothing to do with USSR. Might have something to do with aliens tho. Mindcontrol...
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Malera Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Mind you that the ipblockage is not because of that they dislike Russians, it has to do with legal reasons. I would guess that Bluehole would like a Russian company to public Tera in Russia. It's a false statement that they ban you just because you're Russian. It is not discrimination against a race or a nation.

Malera

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliny Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:20 pm

KInda my point too. Wink
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:27 pm

There are reasons for blocking Russia, though I find them very silly but that's the way it is. Russians are known for hacking and goldselling and along with asia they are blocked for this very reason. I have several russian friends that are very good people, blocking them all together is a very stupid move becuase a goldseller and a hacker will go through VPN/Proxy to get their job done anyway.

Since you alredy quoted the part where Frogster wrote about the block I won't link you the site, I take it as you have read it alredy.

At moments like that I regret that my grandpa havent kill more nazis with his T34 when he had the chance :/

...and for this. Really? I totally understand your frustration but there is no need to be offensive like this. This is a very serious statement and harsh. I don't want to see more of this, especially not now with new recruit around; we wouldn't want to give them the wrong idea of what Whitestar stands for. Becuase this is definitely not it.

Regards
Acharial
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by inuki Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Same happened to my friend some weeks ago, he played HoN with his friends and suddenly he got banned because of his russian IP, they said "use russian server or gtfo". There is a small problem - all his friends are on EU, and he is on RU. No way to play together, so game suddenly became useless.
inuki
inuki

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Sorry to hear that those thing have escalated to such extend in many online game but try to refrain yourself from writing such statements in general. Nothing good comes from those things.
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:23 pm

inuki wrote:Same happened to my friend some weeks ago, he played HoN with his friends and suddenly he got banned because of his russian IP, they said "use russian server or gtfo". There is a small problem - all his friends are on EU, and he is on RU. No way to play together, so game suddenly became useless.

This is very unfortunate really. But I hope you can see the reason behind it. As I said, I have several Russian friends that do not deserve this ban but what can you do? Sad

Flaming the forums does not really work. Atleast they should give Russians their own server or something. I don't know but this is not right in any way.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by inuki Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Acharial wrote:Atleast they should give Russians their own server or something. I don't know but this is not right in any way.

Oh well, they will - something like a year later, with russian-only language and no way to play with your friends from Europe.

I'm looking into VPN solutions right now, probably I can get something for an extra $5 and pretend to be west-european.
inuki
inuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Malera Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 pm

inuki wrote:
Oh well, they will - something like a year later, with russian-only language and no way to play with your friends from Europe.

I'm looking into VPN solutions right now, probably I can get something for an extra $5 and pretend to be west-european.

It should work, with that said, if you're unlucky you might have a hard time if you need support and things like that! We shall hope you have no trouble Smile

Malera

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:49 pm

My best would be a VPN really. I belive most russians will go that way:)
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Whitestar :: Games :: Tera :: Memories

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum