Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitestars CBT 2 Feedback + CBT3

+6
Tsukuyomi
Malera
Elloa
A.O.D
amuatama
Majiinfreddy
10 posters

Go down

Whitestars CBT 2 Feedback + CBT3 Empty Whitestars CBT 2 Feedback + CBT3

Post by Majiinfreddy Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi,

As we are playing Tera, we come across various stuff we dislike or feel that is not correctly balanced etc.
Frogster wants our feedback, so let's give it to them!

So, over the weekend you can write a reply to this topic and tell us what you dislike about the game, or you want improved.
As I read the topic I will update the list here, so we don't need to write down stuff two times.
On Sunday I will write it all down as a "better looking post" and give it to Wendy, Who will post it on Tera-Europe's forums.
This way I feel that we will get a "louder voice" rather then each of us posting a small topic instead.

Bring it!

[edit]

I'm done writing the "final" version of our post on tera-europe.com
But Wendy won't post it until tonight or tomorrow, monday. So there is still time to add more stuff.
Just thought I could put out the official version so you guys can point out bad grammar etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

This is the feedback list based on CBT1 and CBT2 by the guild, Whitestar.

First I'd like to say we have enjoyed the game a lot and are looking forward
to the release of this game.
This game brings a lot of new ideas to the table and we can't wait to try them all out.
But, We feel like we have to mention one thing.
Seeing as many of us have been playing the Korean version of Tera we got a bit
disappointed in the nerfing of different things in the game.
Since Tera got nerfed in Korea as well, look at what happened to their player base.
It's not that far of since they had their Third server merge..
Do you honestly believe that it will be any different here?
Look at all other MMOs since World of Warcraft - Sure they have been a clone to a certain
point and haven't really brought much inovation like this game. But still, they
all share One thing, they where all fairly easy.
All games since Wow Vanilla has been Easy. Sure there has been exceptions to all games
and some stuff where hard. But they where still EASY.
Did any of those game really succeed ? No?
The point we're trying to make here is, nerfing ain't always for the better.
Stop underminding the western people and give us something hard for once.

Thanks,

Anyway, let's get on with the list.
We have divided our feedback into Bugs and general feedback on things we'd like to see changed.
Even though we understand you won't re-record the lines the NPCs says, we feel like it has
to be said - Cause some lines are pretty dumb.

Bugs:
-The Game gives you tips which you can bring up by pressing H.
But if you have multiple tips and press H when the Help window is already open,
it will close that window and remove one of the tips - Hence missing one tip.
-If you cancel the Vekas movie (might have to do it quickly, not sure) it gets you out of the movie,
but the sound (or speech, in this case) continues playing.
-There is a bug on the Sorcha quest which makes the chat show [Say] [Say] [Sorcha] ,
multiple times. IE; Too many says.
-If you leave Tera in Character selection it will eventually DC you, if you log back on , the client crashes.
-Sometimes when fighting the "Hamster" (First boss) in Sinstral Mansion, the orange circle which is supposed to show, ain't always there.
-You don't always get to leave battle even though there are no DOTs, mobs or anything hostile nearby. Can take 1-2 minutes for it to return to normal.

-A possibility to upgrade from Normal to Collectors -Edition on tera-europe.com
-Add a "remember" button on the account name and language in the Client.
-More hair colors. At least solid colors, like Black and Red - not shades of them.
-Different sliders for hair vs horn, hair vs tail , makeup vs eye color, etc.
-Let the hairstyles you pick stay the way they're intended, don't change it according to the neck of the chest item.
-In game clock and latency meter.
-An easier way to write in the different channels. /u = LFG channel, huh ?
-Grace period when you disconnect. Even for just 2 minutes. Got a lot of Client crashes this weekend
-Add a choice to only see Guild \ Party -members nameplates and ignore all other players.
-Make it possible to link items that aren't necessary yours, like rewards from quests. Also the possibility to "try on" items that's a reward etc.
-The zoom for your character is really bad when you are sitting on a mount. Zooms in on your horse or your feet.
-A guild tab where we can write down "news" or "events" we are doing as a guild - A notebook for the guild.
-Make it easier \ possible to target other players to check their level etc, when you're out of combat.
-Make it possible to rotate action bars, decide how many "boxes and lines" you want in each bar.
-A better looting system for groups.
-The Radar looks really messy.
-More privileges to the guild ranks. IE, who can kick members, who can deposit \ withdraw from the guild bank, set Gmotd, notes.
-When you die in an instance, make it impossible to enter again when there is a battle going on inside.
Boss battles that can be kept alive by One player dodging while the rest is running back from death ain't fun - a whipe is a whipe.
-The Brokerage UI is kinda messy and "hard" to use.

-BAMs are way too easy compared to the reward. In Celestial Hills you can kill 3 BAMs in 10 minutes and get NINETEEN destiny eggs from a Quest - a Repeatable one at that.
-Instance quests share the same as the one above. Did Secret Base and ended up getting 40 lucky eggs after 1 run.
-Make BAMs harder. 3 minutes on each BAM is a bit too fast.
-Leveling is too fast. We know that this is lower levels, but in K-Tera (The original version) it was a lot slower. We used 5 hours to go from 22 to 27 in CBT 2.

-The voices of the different races doesn't fit them. Look at Elin for example.
-NPCs has some weird stuff to say when you talk with them. The lines they say should at least make some kind of sense.

We hope you take the time and think about some of these changes, since a lot of them are very "minor" and can really help the game.

Thanks,

Removed from the list:
-Give players who gank lower levels a penalty (Not when the difference is 5 levels though, but when 60s are attacking 20s and corpse camping).

Last edited by Majiinfreddy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 33 times in total
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Whitestars CBT 2 Feedback + CBT3 Empty Re: Whitestars CBT 2 Feedback + CBT3

Post by amuatama Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:22 pm

BAMs are way too easy compared to the reward. In ................... you can kill 3 BAMs in 10 minutes and get NINETEEN eggs from the Quest
make BAMs as hard as they where in K-Tera. as a plus with this there is no need to change the quest reward because they the it will fit the quest again

-Leveling is way too fast. We know that this is lower levels, but in K-Tera it was a lot slower. We used 5 hours to go from 22 to 27.
without even getting close to poporia

Very much agree with agree with that with this leveling speed you miss half of the game it would be great if you dont levelup so fast after lvl20
Not to speak of the low of HP of the BAM the only time i thought it was abit of a challenge was when we engaged two BAM at the same time
FYI We werent even a full group and not overlevel
outlaw system fully in effect atleast for lowlever
amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:34 am

amuatama wrote:BAMs are way too easy compared to the reward. Make BAMs as hard as they where in K-Tera.
amuatama wrote:Leveling is way too fast. We know that this is lower levels, but in K-Tera it was a lot slower. We used 5 hours to go from 22 to 27.
without even getting close to poporia.
amuatama wrote:Very much agree that with this leveling speed you miss half of the game, would be great if you don't level up so fast after lvl20

Agrees, couldn't have said it better.
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:43 am

The Minimap looks messy (Someone else agree with me?)
I disagree on this one. I really love Tera UI, find it the best ever made by a MMO so far. And I like the mini map that I do not keep up at all time like you do Majiin. I toggle it off most of the time, and tooggle it back when i need the infos.

I've no other feedback than the one quoted above. I very much agree with it aswell.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Malera Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Nice list! And no I still do not think levling is to fast.

Malera

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukuyomi Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:00 pm

I'll add some things i noticed in the low lvl areas yesterday;
- It gives you tips you can bring up by pressing H, but if you have multiple tips and press H when the help window is open, it closes the window but still removes one of the tips, so you miss one tip.
- If you cancel the Vekas movie (might have to do it quickly, not sure) it gets you out of the movie, but the sound (or speech, in this case) continues playing.
- Sorcha bugged the [say] chat, bit hard to explain but i have some screenshots, look here. (check the amount of [say] in the chat).
- This might just be me, but it feels like there is too many useless items in the beginning. You get a LOT of equipment that is no change stat wise and very minimal change look-wise to your old. And you get items too often, you get a new weapon by clearing Dark Revelations, then you get a new one just after running around Velika, with no combat whatsoever in between. Seems pointless.
- Maybe consider turning off PvP in velika outskirts? The mount quest is boring enough as it is without having to deal with bored maxlvls ganking people in the area. That way you have a place you can duel and have deathmaches without people disturbing you also.
- More customization in the character creator. For example, Elin hair and ears/tail on different settings, so you can have any hair with any ears.

Otherwise, i agree with the list posted.
Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi

Back to top Go down

Post by Majiinfreddy Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Tsukuyomi wrote:I'll add some things i noticed in the low lvl areas yesterday;
- It gives you tips you can bring up by pressing H, but if you have multiple tips and press H when the help window is open, it closes the window but still removes one of the tips, so you miss one tip.
- If you cancel the Vekas movie (might have to do it quickly, not sure) it gets you out of the movie, but the sound (or speech, in this case) continues playing.
- Sorcha bugged the [say] chat, bit hard to explain but i have some screenshots, look here. (check the amount of [say] in the chat).
- This might just be me, but it feels like there is too many useless items in the beginning. You get a LOT of equipment that is no change stat wise and very minimal change look-wise to your old. And you get items too often, you get a new weapon by clearing Dark Revelations, then you get a new one just after running around Velika, with no combat whatsoever in between. Seems pointless.
- Maybe consider turning off PvP in velika outskirts? The mount quest is boring enough as it is without having to deal with bored maxlvls ganking people in the area. That way you have a place you can duel and have deathmaches without people disturbing you also.
- More customization in the character creator. For example, Elin hair and ears/tail on different settings, so you can have any hair with any ears.

Otherwise, i agree with the list posted.

I agree with some points.
So I'm gonna add the ones that I deem correct.
If you don't agree with me, say so - and we can add it.

Here are my arguments though;
-On the "lot's of useless items", I like this a bit. It's not fun when you always receive useful stuff. I want junk.
-On "PvP in Velika outskirts", Since we are playing on a PvP server and are gonna roll on one, this ain't something I want - It's part of being on a PvP realm, and remember; The ganking is on a peak now cause everyone has reached max level and are bored. This won't happen in release.
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukuyomi Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Majiinfreddy wrote:I agree with some points.
So I'm gonna add the ones that I deem correct.
If you don't agree with me, say so - and we can add it.

Here are my arguments though;
-On the "lot's of useless items", I like this a bit. It's not fun when you always receive useful stuff. I want junk.
-On "PvP in Velika outskirts", Since we are playing on a PvP server and are gonna roll on one, this ain't something I want - It's part of being on a PvP realm, and remember; The ganking is on a peak now cause everyone has reached max level and are bored. This won't happen in release.
The useless items part is probably just me, as said. It feels pointless that you get so much junk you just sell off.
And i don't mind PvPing, and i don't freak out just because i get ganked, but the thing with velika outskirts is (correct me if i'm wrong) that there is NOTHING there, except for the horse quest. So what is the point of having PvP there? To annoy people doing the mount quest? There is not multiple channels there ether, so you can't avoid the place. Just another thing that feels pointless to me - IE, there seems to be no reason to have PvP there, and a few not to have. But it's not a big deal anyway.

Also, i tried the Vekas movie thing again, you have to press Esc quickly after it starts for that to happen (probably before the audio starts), if you wait a few sec both the movie and the speech cancel properly.
Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi

Back to top Go down

Post by Majiinfreddy Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Apparently the Velika outskirts are "saved" for Guild Housing.
I get your point, but it's really such a minor thing that you won't see in release anyway. And just by mentioning it , I feel like the forum is gonna flame us for rolling on a PvP server for the wrong reasons.
But ye, I understand you completely.
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:00 pm

The outskirts are awesome for GVG battles.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukuyomi Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Majiinfreddy wrote:Apparently the Velika outskirts are "saved" for Guild Housing.
I get your point, but it's really such a minor thing that you won't see in release anyway. And just by mentioning it , I feel like the forum is gonna flame us for rolling on a PvP server for the wrong reasons.
But ye, I understand you completely.
Gief guild housing, then. That sounds like fun. ^_^
But yeah, you are probably right, better not mention it. The TERA forums seems to be housing a legion of trolls with flame-throwers sometimes...
If earlier MMOs are anything to go by, even though people WILL indeed be griefing some, it will probably be rare enough for it not to be a problem anyway. As mentioned, the beta concentrates the issues since there is too much people in too small an area, and with too low a lvl cap with too little to do! :P
Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:57 am

UI- nameplate:

At the moment, it's not possible to ONLY choose to see the Guild member or party member nameplate, and ignore all other players. I don't know if it's a bug or working as intended, but I'd like to have the possibility to only choose guild member names, and to not see the name of all non guild member names.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhashazi Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 pm

I agree with all the above.
The one thing I noticed yesterday both on my PC and Karnee's, a bug i guess, is that sometimes when fighting a boss (the hamster) in Senestral Manor the boss' skill indicator, the orange circle on the ground, is not always displaying. It's kinda annoying when you miss his speech and get owned out of nowhere >.>.

Also, another annoying thing is the way that games sorts turning off combat - usually it is done correctly but sometimes all mobs in the area are dead, no DOTs applied, no indication of battle and yet, your character is in combat mode. This makes the 'no loot during combat' setting frustrating.
Rhashazi
Rhashazi

Back to top Go down

Post by inuki Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 pm

I'd like too see a barber like in WoW. Also, when you DC, you should be able to login back without a queue during some time.
inuki
inuki

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello,

This is the feedback list based on CBT1 and CBT2 by the guild, Whitestar.
this is a combined Thread from the the guild so it a bit lengthy naturally
we did our best though to make it easily readable

First I'd like to say we have enjoyed the game a lot and are looking forward
to the release of this game
This game brings a lot of new ideas to the table but, We feel like we have to mention one thing.
Many of us have been playing the Korean Tera(K-Tera) we got a bit
disappointed in the how things were toned down for the western release.

Even though there is a huge difference in the Western and Asian personalities
when it comes to games, it still feels like Publishers/Developers porting a game to the "West" are sometimes thinking games would have to be simplified for the Western marked .

We have divided our Experience in the CBT so far into Bugs and feedback

Bugs:

-The Game gives you tips which you can bring up by pressing H.
But if you have multiple tips and press H when the Help window is already open,
it will close that window and remove one of the tips - Hence missing one tip.

-If you cancel the Vekas movie (might have to do it quickly, not sure) it gets you out of the movie,
but the sound (or speech, in this case) continues playing.

-There is a bug on the Sorcha quest which makes the chat show [Say] [Say] [Sorcha] ,
multiple times. IE; Too many says.

-If you leave Tera in Character selection it will eventually DC you, if you log back on , the client crashes.

-Leveling Speed is too fast
Tera has a lot content while leveling
what we noticed now during CBT2 we managed to get from 22 to 27 in a mere 5 hours.
we hope that leveling is slowed down so that you don't have to worry that an Area is either cut in content or out-leveled
it would be incredibly sad to miss half of the games beautiful world and content

-When you fight a BAM in the Korean version, it takes you significantly more time to kill it.
In the CBT now, it takes about 3to 5 minutes with a (3/4 members +/- one level) group where in K-Tera it takes you 10minutes at least.
We dont share your understanding that the Western marked lacks the patience for challenging BAM vs Group fights
since they are fun and challenging and offer a good activity besides Questing and are a unique characteristic of Tera

-As a result of making BAMs easier compared to K-tera the reward of repeatable quests is off.
In Celestial Hills we can killed 3 BAMs in 10 minutes and got NINETEEN destiny eggs
Solution could be either get less eggs or what we would prefer to make Bam fight last longer

-A possibility to upgrade from Normal to Collectors-Edition on tera-europe.com
an option in the account managment to upgrade to the CE for people that played Tera in one of the CBT's and are believers now Whitestars CBT 2 Feedback + CBT3 Tongue

-More hair colors. At least solid colors, like Black and Red - not only shades of them.
An RGB system would be great is possible

-Let the hairstyles you pick stay the way they're intended, don't change it according to the neck of the chest item.
might be problematic if possible over an option in the menu

-being able to choose Different combination for hair and horns/tails , makeup and eye color, etc.

-In game clock and latency meter.

-Make it possible to link items that aren't yours, like rewards from quests, and the possibility to use the preview on such items.

-While riding a Horse the zoom for your character is off
The camera zoom in on either your horse or your feet.

-A guild tab where we can write down "news" or "events" we are doing as a guild
A notebook for the guild.

-Make it possible to rotate action bars, decide how many "boxes and lines" you want in each bar.

-Player that kill other Players with more than 10 levels difference
The PK system without boundaries is not the best solution there will always be some player that get their enjoyment by killing lower level players
We understand this is part of the nature of PVP which is why we propose to use the Outlaw system like originally intended from Bluehole and to only apply it for this specific Cause
which is a good deal it doesn't prohibit they possibility to spark a GVG this way

-More privileges to the guild ranks. IE, who can kick members, who can deposit \ withdraw from the guild bank, set Gmotd, notes.

-NPCs has some weird stuff to say when you talk with them. The lines they say should at least make some kind of sense.

Apart from this we very much LOVE Tera to bits Whitestars CBT 2 Feedback + CBT3 Love
Thanks,
amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:02 pm

CBT 3 Feedback

-We did the Mines at lvl 32, with 2 dps classes we facerolled through. We used 3seconds on each mob.
The "Snake \ Statue" BAM was awesome though. But still not too easy with 1 healer and 2 dps.

- If you want to enchant something you have equipped, you can't pull something from the character window to the enchantment window, but if you try to pull something from the character window to your inventory when you have the enchantment window open, the item will move to the enchantment window, not to your inventory. (I think it's working as intented.)

Concerning the game difficulty :

- I made an experience with my son of 6 years old (not so used to play video game, beside Mario on nitendo DS)
He made a character (Popori warrior), and I let him deal with the game. He can not read yet, so he was not doing quest, just wandering around, killing mobs with the normal attack binded on Mouse1. He managed to get far in the Isle of Dawn, and was farming mobs lvl 5-7 without any trouble. He wasn't dodging, or escaping anything, he just was on killing spree and didn't encounter the slightest problem.
I think this really show that the difficulty is not right for a tutorial area. If there is no danger to engage lvl 7 monster, while you are lvl 1-2, there is a problem. Mobs should do more damage if nothing else.

- I also did some Basilics BAM this week end in duo : Mystic(20)-Bersker(22). We didn't had the slighest trouble doing it. I played the exact same combo in K-Tera. I was maybe playing less good at this time, as it was my first Mystic, however, it was close to impossible to kill a Basilic. Their attacks were devastating.
I think the difficulty of those BAM should be increased. It's a lot less fun and not challenging at all to kill them without beeing worried at only 2 players, while it's supposed to be a 5man quest.

Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itslifejim Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:12 pm

There is a thread/poll on the Forums about if you should get less xp so you don't level so fast..

i posted this

Yes I think it should be slower, but I also think it is ok as it is...

What I mean is it would be great to have an option to lower your XP gain from quests/mobs so your not outleveling the content if you CHOOSE to. This way you get to do it the way you want to.

Letting the player choose how to enjoy the leveling content is win/win for everybody?

I would be happy if I could lower my XP gain.

I think something like this would be great. I would of loved it in SWTOR because of doing other things like space missions and all side quests because I enjoyed doing them.... I only got a character to level 40 but by then I was 6-7+ levels ahead of the content and this made the game more boring for me because it made everything much more easy then it allready was.

Some people hate leveling and do it as fast as possible and some like to do all the quests so something like this would please both sides

With this I would lower XP with 1st character where I do everything then leave as normal for alts when I have seen it all

MMO are played for many months even many years so giving your paying customers more choices how to play the game can only be a good thing.
itslifejim
itslifejim

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukuyomi Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Elloa wrote:- If you want to enchant something you have equipped, you can't pull something from the character window to the enchantment window, but if you try to pull something from the character window to your inventory when you have the enchantment window open, the item will move to the enchantment window, not to your inventory. (I think it's working as intented.)
I have no idea how it is supposed to work, but it is really confusing atm. Like, WHY can't i just drag-drop things from my character directly to the enchantment window?

Otherwise, the game is way too easy, yes. Seriously hope this can be fixed before release, it's almost disappointingly easy at the moment. :/
Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhashazi Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:29 am

Elloa wrote:CBT 3 Feedback
-We did the Mines at lvl 32, with 2 dps classes we facerolled through. We used 3seconds on each mob.
The "Snake \ Statue" BAM was awesome though. But still not too easy with 1 healer and 2 dps.
Regarding this, it was changed on K-Tera long ago, so I don't think that this will going to change anyway unfortunately. AFAIR, mobs there were elits, it was really challenging to go through it with 3-man party and now... :/.
You know my opinion about the difficulty of the game, so /signed on that part Wink.

Also inb4 whines on forum about increased XP gain from being in a group - we could add that we are aware that leveling is even faster that way but hey, it's a fucking MMO, leveling in a group should determinate the speed of it and it should not be this fast! Thanks to the hightened XP gain you can easily skip WHOLE zones - not a smart move if you want to avoid accusations of lack of content in the game >.>
Rhashazi
Rhashazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:37 am

I've written this post to share my disapointement concerning the game nerfs.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum