Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWTOR - first discussion

+3
Athimahri
Acharial
Elloa
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SWTOR - first discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: SWTOR - first discussion

Post by Aliny Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:14 pm

Well, I can try at least. Smile And no I did not vote yet Very Happy
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Athimahri Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:57 am

Sorry to rain on our parades guys but I would be a Consular Sage also :000

Though in beta I might go shadow if there are to many of us!

Athimahri

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:00 am

Haha! A guild full of Sages. That's quite funny Smile Same thing in Tera. We have 60% healers XD
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:56 am

Wait that Julien come join us aswell! Very Happy
RP wise that could be fun though hahahahahaha, Whitetsar the High Jedi council who will show wisdom to the galaxie and metor young padawans. (not that I want the guild to be RP oriented though)
But to play in group it might be less fun. Unless with this companion thingie system you can complete your group with non healers.

@Tuukka : so, I'll arrange a sub forum and a sub group for you, and I let you handel this from now. Yay!!!
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliny Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Okidoki Smile Guild name is still a mystery tho. Whitestar Rocket Crew ?
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:18 pm

As I said earlier : two Whitestar guilds had been created with the SWTOR guild system. One Whitestar republic had been created by Acharial. One Whitestar Empire had been created by me (links are somewhere in this thread). In that way, we are assured to have the name "Whitestar" saved for our guild, whatever side we choose to play. Once we decide which side we play, the GM of Whitestar give you the lead, and all others can already "apply" to the guild and be listed.

Now...if you want another name than Whitestar, that's also discutable. I'll not put to much weight in what i prefer because I'm not sure I'll be a super active member once Tera is out.
But I still prefer to keep the Whitestar name - even if we play Empire..cause it's our name. I recognise myself in it. We have our forum, our twitter, our facebook page, our video intro, our others guilds. It will be a lot easier to promote whatever guild we have in whatever game we play if we keep always the same name. + It's awesome name :p
But that's my two cent. Up to you to lead the dance now (it will be a good lesson for me to let someone else lead and take everything in charge. I apologies in advance if I still seem too directive ^^)

I'll create sub forum a bit later in the day.

Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidori Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Well. For my own part, I think I'd prefer playing on a PvP server, it really breaks immersion and feeling if you have to ask permission to attack your sworn enemies, imo.

Oh, and as I'd also prefer to play empire, I took the liberty of creating a PvP Empire guild - but as an Empire guild obviously cannot be named "Whitestar", I made it "Darkstar" instead.
Sidori
Sidori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majiinfreddy Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Update from the forums;

I'd suggest getting a guild together, and just do something random for the beta at least.
The first invites for Guilds into beta has gone out but only for the US atm.
The European testing program will start "in the near future"
And apparently, you need at least 10 members to be valid for an invite.
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Now, Murhamies is officialy the leader of Whitestar-SWTOR project. Obviously, he can have one or several assitant. Just contact him if you wanna be assistant.

Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliny Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:39 pm

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=300223 Lots of information about the game Smile
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Murhamies, I promoted you to leader in the Republic guild Smile
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliny Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:44 pm

Okidoki Smile
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 am

I'll confess today, that first I was absolutely against SWTOR, and partialy because I felt it as a unfair competitor towards Tera.
But now that we are getting a guild project and such, I'm starting to become enthousiastic about this game.

It's very different than Tera, and I don't think it will enter in competition with it (I mean in Whitestar). Members with enough time and money can certainly play both games and enjoy them both if they want.

The strenghts of Tera is the wonderfull landscape, armor, character and the amazing combat system + Bad Ass Monster.
Apparently the strenghts of SWTOR will be a very very immersive environement and a real RPG game. I think in small group this can be a really fun game to play. I'm starting to be looking forward it.
Now, I still dislike the graphism choice.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 am

The graphics and the combat is what puts me off the most in the game. Apart from that I think I can get used to the game, but don't know how long I could play a Sci-Fi game. Star Wars is a mix of Sci Fi and Fantasy but still. The game is very huge and there is surely something for everything.

I partially agree with what you are saying, Elloa.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Athimahri Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:29 am

I agree also. For me the world is completely different and you can not compare the two in terms of that. I am iffy on SWTOR graphic art type (looks abit like an old comic), i prefer Tera however I will be looking at this purely for the play value.

(I wanna play a twi lek again!) *cough*

I will still be playing Tera when it comes out and if we get into beta - it doesnt mean we HAVE to buy the game afterwards.

It also doesnt mean it is instead of Tera.

Agree with sticking to our name to!

Athimahri

Back to top Go down

Post by Athimahri Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:31 am

Website Info:

How do I sign my guild up for Guild Testing?

All you need to do in order to have your guild considered for Guild Testing is to have an active guild with at least 10 members registered in our Guild Headquarters. We also recommend creating a recruitment thread on our forums, but please make sure you are following the Recruitment Guidelines we’ve set forward. Guilds that spam recruitment messages after multiple warnings, for example, will not be considered for Guild Testing.

How are guilds selected for Guild Testing?

In general, guild testing is done randomly from all eligible guilds (that is, those with at least 10 registered members in the Guild Headquarters). Throughout the program, we will be looking to let in both large and small guilds, so as long as your guild meets the minimum requirement, you have an equal chance of being invited to testing. In addition, we may, at our discretion, choose a few select guilds that are active and helpful in the community, since we could use that sort of helpfulness in-game and on the Testing Forums. Note that this will be done in rare circumstances, in order to reward our dedicated community members. Please do not contact any BioWare staff requesting access to Guild Testing, or else your guild may be removed from consideration.

Are European guilds eligible for Guild Testing?

European Guild Testing will begin at the same time the European Testing Program begins in the near future.

We have 4 Republic and 1 Empire so far. As this is for beta why dont we just stick for the same side to gives us all a better chance to enter? (need 10 members)

We can finally choose a side for when/if we play the actual game?

Athimahri

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliny Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:39 am

I don't know why but I like graphics in swtor Smile
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliny Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 am

Also need more people to join the guild. At least 6 players! So we can try to apply for guild beta. This is for Republic side as Athimahri said Smile
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 pm

I've created a second account to save the Whitestar name on Empire, and I've applied in Republic Whitestar

I think we also need to show a bit activity. Maybe write a "presentation thread" in the SWTOR guild forum which direct to this forum. (I really suggest we only use their forum as presentation, not as our forum)
Athimari got a good point here, if we want to have our chance to get beta keys, I believe we need to show that we are potential players.

I also think I'll pre-order the game as Acharial and Murhamies have done.

(Btw Tuukka, maybe you should change your name here as Aliny, as it's the name you will be known on SWTOR. And Maybe Yima can create you a signature with the Whitestar background and a trooper. Afterall you are SWTOR boss now :p)
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliny Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Done! Smile Im going to accept you Wendy. As soon as tor page is up again Smile
Aliny
Aliny

Back to top Go down

Post by Athimahri Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Having all of us post on our guild SWTOR form thread with our Whitestar logo with a SW type image would be great to show we are up and running.

I also preordered. Would rather try it at launch i think. Can always cancel if i change my mind!

Athimahri

Back to top Go down

Post by Majiinfreddy Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Aliny wrote:I don't know why but I like graphics in swtor Smile

The graphics are awesome ! =D
I'm tired of seeing the same old over and over again, and I think Bioware is doing something different.
They didn't look great at first, and I was a bit "WTF BIOWARE?" , but all the trailers \ clips from 2011 looks pretty nice.
Bioware never delivers sucky stuff <3
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Athimahri Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:48 pm

I really think we should post our guild in the EU post threads that already exist with the basic information. (this is for beta)

We are up to 7 members so we are nearly there!

Athimahri

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:38 pm

I agree. Tuukka, you make the presentation of Whitestar yourself, or do you prefer I do it? I really do not mind to do it myself as I've always done it, but it might be nice you do it yourself. So it has the Tuukka touch from the start :p

Little explanations: Its not that I want to put all the work on Tuukka. But as I've a very active personality when it come to guild buisness (too bad I'm not like that for Rl stuff too), I often "steal" the job from teh hands of other members. And they can never take the place they want due to my behaviour. This time I really want to change, and be able to let someone else than me lead the project as he really wants to do it. (and it's very hard XD XD XD)
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hultay Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:32 pm

I did apply to SWtor Guild thingy and thanks alot for accepting ! Very Happy

Hultay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content