Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old republic operations and loot!

4 posters

Go down

The old republic operations and loot! Empty The old republic operations and loot!

Post by Acharial Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Many of you are familiar with the old raiding system where a someone gets the fantastic (hrmph) job to handle the DKP after and during raids and annoying loot distribution. Well, in The old Republic we don't need that anymore! Bioware has made a fantastic solution to this madness and instead after killing an operation boss EVERYONE in the current operation gets a bag with a piece of equipment for his/her class with the appropriate stats.

I personally find this very fun and rewarding. I've been the one taking care of DKP in a very hardcore top 3 server guild and trust me this is not fun at all, especially since Bioware does not offer us any addons to be used to it would have to be done manually anyway.

I find this idea awesome becuase you can run a raid full of a class and they all get their share of loot. This also gives the feeling that operations won't feel like an endless grind!

What do you think?
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

The old republic operations and loot! Empty Re: The old republic operations and loot!

Post by Elloa Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:46 pm

As guild officer taking in charge the PVE organisation in a semi Raiding - PVP guild in WOW, I can tell that loot stuff had always been a nightmare.
In TBC it was master looter system, with the limit of 3items by run/person. And on every boss I had a whinner. I decided to ignore all loot complains. Cause I find it dumb. You whine about loot = you are selfish loot whore.
In WOTLK we had a system of EPGP, which was quite fair. Despite of that, I managed to have loot drama. In Particuliar, pvper joining raid, saving their points to roll on the super final boss weapon cause it was easier than farming arena.

I hate selfishness and greedyness, and whining about something as stupid as a piece of loot. Skill > loot. You have a bad gear and doing better than someone else = more fame for you.

Back to topic. I'm very very happy about this change. I find it a very smart way to avoid guild drama. Everyone will get something. After, well it depend of chance. You are lucky or not, but if you have to whine it will be against fate, not against the leader. :p
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

The old republic operations and loot! Empty Re: The old republic operations and loot!

Post by A.O.D Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Sounds nice, let's just hope ppl won't abuse it!
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Back to topic. I'm very very happy about this change. I find it a very smart way to avoid guild drama. Everyone will get something. After, well it depend of chance. You are lucky or not, but if you have to whine it will be against fate, not against the leader

Haha! It will most likely be bioware and not fate the whine will be towards. XD

Sounds nice, let's just hope ppl won't abuse it!

Abuse how? There is a one week lockout on the operations so you cannot really abuse it in that regard. However I can imagine guilds boosting people for some credits in HM instances Razz

Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:11 pm

However I can imagine guilds boosting people for some credits in HM instances

I find this fine. Let's be one of those guild. Ooh damn..I forgot I was not Smuggler anymore.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SirOwe (Petter) Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:17 pm

HM instances?
And I find this loot thingy awsome, I am loot hungry when I play, I like to replace my old gear and see it get better, it doesnt have to be alot better, it will be a +1 to any stats I find needing and i will be satisfyed. I really like the idea of one lootbag each, I distictivly remember when my old wow guild downed LK for our first time, i was goin dps for once and we didnt have our "normal" group goin, and the best loot was a Xbow, and no one could use it, I got it since i was the only one being able to actually have some use of it, and i played warrior, wich meant not so much use for it.
It would be ashame if that could happen again. Lot should be needed not greeded when we get to those levels.
All hail the loot bag system geek
SirOwe (Petter)
SirOwe (Petter)

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:19 pm

SirOwe (Petter) wrote:HM instances?
And I find this loot thingy awsome, I am loot hungry when I play, I like to replace my old gear and see it get better, it doesnt have to be alot better, it will be a +1 to any stats I find needing and i will be satisfyed. I really like the idea of one lootbag each, I distictivly remember when my old wow guild downed LK for our first time, i was goin dps for once and we didnt have our "normal" group goin, and the best loot was a Xbow, and no one could use it, I got it since i was the only one being able to actually have some use of it, and i played warrior, wich meant not so much use for it.
It would be ashame if that could happen again. Lot should be needed not greeded when we get to those levels.
All hail the loot bag system geek

HM - Hardmode

There are two difficulties for raids: Normal and Hardmode.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum