- High taxes in Arcadia (Soul Eater) and Val Eleni (Tangra)
- <Whitestar> anounce on Samael forum that they are not going Vanarch 3th circle, This, simply to allow the leader Acharial to change character. Indeed, tired of his Mystic, Acharial switch for a warrior called Eridor.
- Sunni and Araella announced they were leaving <Pwnography>, and taking a break from the game altogether. The reasons why they are leaving are various. This include usual complains about the lack of content of the game and bad management from Frogster, but also some issue inside their own guild. Indeed, the guild Sunni founded together with friends when the game released has somehow ceased to exist. Old members leaving the game, new members, a change of atmosphere, members befriending with other players...The issue with their name changed have certainly not helped.
Miyafuji explains : The core of the guild consisted of friends that came together to the game, but last 14 days, maybe more, Sunni was almost alone. Most of the old guys he knew quit the game. Some of the game-related reasons, some of the personal related ones. The point is he was alone for the whole thing and I actually admire how long he held, and how he was capable of recruiting and refilling the holes, especially these days.
"It wasn't just working the way it was meant to. We started out one way and ended up something else." confess Araella
"We are hoping to come back if the content get better" share Sunni "I've a string of things happen in IRL recently which are causing my playtime to drop. So as of right now, leading a guild isn't good for me. Especially as most of my officers quit."
Ellz had been in charge for some few days, before the guild decided and agreed to end it and disband.
"I think it's a move everyone agreed on. At this point people have different things going on and as the game is starting to settle, some of us have made friends in other guilds."
- <Elin Dance Squad> is going to play on North American servers. Tired of the lack of content, patchs delayed, and population dropping, they finaly toke the descision to move. This is quite something considering that not only they will have to level a new character, and face bad ping, but also they will need to buy a new game. Though the summer discount might make the bill a lesser problem. However, they might come back fast. Up to the population of Samael to make them regret their choice and make them miss us!
We aren't making this a final choice however, should EU Tera improve and provide all of the content that we should have already received, re-activated nexus and start keeping up-to-date with all future content releases we may consider coming back but only once the servers have recovered and the population has gone back up again say Konachibi, in his good bye post.
The Samael community will miss <Elin Dance Squad> a lot and proved their regrets in the good bye post. The guild was one of the most noticed on the server, active in diverse domain may it be PVP, PVE or simply adding to the community a nice touch of fantasy.
This is not the kind of news I like to see when checking forums... says Nyier, from <Nugatory Mortality>
- Many players worries about the population dropping on Samael. We can attribute to this phenomenon different reasons : not much end game content, lack of PVP, bad management from Frogster, Diablo III, hollidays etc. However, Samael is not an unactive server. All other Tera servers known the same issues, but reading the forums, Samael is the server were the community is the most active.
Different initiatives from different players and guilds are organised to make Samael a living and pleasant place where to play Tera. It's obvious that Samael players will not give up!
"When I created my char I worried that Samael will be dead and Essenia is the way to go, but the community make up for the numbers, greatly." says Happyfeet, a aman berserker from <Soul Reapers>
"When I first played, the server was full, and everyone seemed very busy with their guilds and dungeons. The serve was vibrant, and full of life - but i still spent most of the time alone.Now, the server seems a lot less vibrant, but I have found more friends. This community is great, and as it contracts, it gets warmer and people get more interested in each other and are just fairer and nicer. In my opinion." share Lightness
As examples : Chobits, leader of <Big Eyes, Small Mouths> organise a weekly event in the Isle of Dawn for new players and alts. Ellz, the ex-new leader of <Pownography>, organise some Fight Club evenings where players of all levels can test and learn how to duel (we will speak more about it in our next issue). Betizurekin propose the idea of a tournament inspired from the soccer world cup. A low lvl PVP PK guild project : <Arcadian Bandits> is organised to bring back some healthy and fun action in Arcadia.
A guild event (a Whitestar gathering in Chebika) evolved and turned into a Deathmacth evening, gathering many players and differents guilds. Divine, Hello Kitty Adventure, Soul Reapers, Pwnography, Exodus, The Crimson Eye, Warlords, Darkness, Lunar and more...
While some players are leaving the game, the ones left can still make the server a great place where to enjoy the game. A smaller community can easily be balanced by a better organisation.
Following this mindset, Lightness (known as Deloria on forum), leader of a small roleplay guild <Never Riders>, take the initiative of creating a "community chat". This has the double advantage to clear the LFG chat from useless talk and trolling, and offer to the community a in game channel to chit chat. A lot of players have already joined this customised channel, and we would not be surprised if it helped to create bonds between the players. So don't be shy and /join LFC 1234!
- <Arcadian Bandits> is a project imagined to bring back some healthy, wild and fun PVP in a low lvl area often the target of high level griefers. The guild is open to every players on Samael, from lvl 11 to 25. It can be considered as an alt guild whose main purpose will be to PK in Arcadia. Measures are taken to make sure the initiative will be fun for everyone : 3 ranks will be created to assign members to a zone matching their level. In this case, the level difference between a Bandit and a "victim" will never be higher than 4 levels.
The guild will be created Tuesday 3 july with a starting events. Arcadian, prepare your weapons and your spells, the forest and the fields will not be safe anymore!
Question of the Week
What do you think about EDS decision to move to NA servers?
What do you think about EDS decision to move to NA servers?
Elin Lancer, <Pwnography>
Well, it is understandable that everyone is currently frustrated with how frogster handled things so far, but to give up without allowing a game to develop and demand too much in so little time out of a small company is just beeing irrational. So I believe they made this decision in the new rush that has taken ouver EU Tera to just leave the game.
Elin Lancer, <Lunar>
I guess it's a fine choice. I would do the same if I had better internet. But I love the community here and don't really wanna move away. So I'll just wait with patience for Frogster to patch the game and hope they'll return.
Bad move, only some of them move there anyway, and I tested the latency myself, and you cannot play this game with ping 150+, not as seriously as they would like to.
Human Archer, <Helvete>
Well, I'm not really sure what to think =D.
Elin Sorcerer, <Lunatic>
If there will be more people, I think it's good. More people, more fun.
- Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-05-16
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum