Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you are playing, what would you play?

4 posters

Go down

If you are playing, what would you play? Empty If you are playing, what would you play?

Post by Elloa Fri May 20, 2011 2:00 am

In case you haven't checked GW2 website, have a look first, as it's a very well done website with videos, lore and explanation about all classes and races. Click here

For the race, it would definitively be Sylvari or Norn. Classes, I'm attracted by Ranger or Elementalist. Enginer could be fun too, but I prefer something more in harmony with natural forces Wink
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

If you are playing, what would you play? Empty Re: If you are playing, what would you play?

Post by Kierrann Fri May 20, 2011 1:06 pm

My first character will probably be a human female, to continue my GW1 legacy! It will be a Mesmer, the last unveiled profession.

I'll also play a Charr, maybe also another race, I don't know yet. Elementalist and Thief will be my second and third choices!
Kierrann
Kierrann

Back to top Go down

If you are playing, what would you play? Empty Re: If you are playing, what would you play?

Post by Elloa Sun May 29, 2011 10:26 am

What's mesmer, by the way?
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kierrann Sun May 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Lore wise, they are the masters of the mind, able to drive anyone of anything crazy with their hexes and illusions, while being the most fashionable person on the battlefield. They had the most gorgeous armours I've ever seen in a video game (and it's a huge compliment, because GW1 is getting quite old now).

About the gameplay... well it's probably useless to give you a full explanation with all the skills and stuff, since it should be completely different in GW2, but let's just say that the Mesmer were everyone's counter class, some kind of Rogue with cloth and spells, able to fuck up with everyone's gameplay. It was a class really hard to master, because you don't have a lot of direct damage spells, but mostly hexes (the equivalent of curses in GW) who were triggered when your enemy did an action. Add to this a ton of counter-spells, mana burn spells and other funny things, and you have it.

A few examples of skills : Empathy, Backfire, Clumsiness, Imagined Burden

My Mesmer in GW1 : If you are playing, what would you play? Gw083m.th

Anyway, it should be a nice profession in Guild Wars 2. It's ArenaNet's only child, the most unique profession of the first game. Can't wait to see it revealed Very Happy
Kierrann
Kierrann

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemma Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:21 pm

I haven't got a clue about what the last 2 professions, but if there's going to be a mesmer it sounds really good!
Race wise i was also thinking about Norn or human:)

Gemma

Back to top Go down

Post by zephinor Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 am

i've been following this one from a long time ago. And i thought that my mind was set in stone for a ranger class. But due to their innovative idea to remose the divine trinity they got me seriously thinking about what i want to play :/
So now I'm choosing between ranger/mesmer/gardian or a warrior.
Normally i would pass guild wars but the dinamic event questing hooked me :p

zephinor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum