Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you want a RP background of the guild?

+5
Acharial
Chakra
A.O.D
Majiinfreddy
Elloa
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you want a RP background of the guild? Empty Do you want a RP background of the guild?

Post by Elloa Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:05 am

Hello everyone,

I was thinking, that if we go ona RP -PVP server it migth be fun to have a roleplay background for our guild. Obviously that would not make our guild a RP guild, as no members would ever be forced to roleplay or participate. But for those who would like roleplay, it might be fun to have a guild background.

So what's your opinion concerning this?

If we create a background (backstory) for Whitestar, it should be simple and easy to understand, open enough to allow all races/classes/type of roleplay to co -exist.

My proposition of background is that one : Whitestar is the name of a secret war ship that operated in <Peter will say> blabla war, in blabla star system. This ship and its crew had mysteriously beeing missing for years. Today they are back, working for the Empire.

This is a basic story, that could be develloped by someone who know well the Star War lore.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Do you want a RP background of the guild? Empty Re: Do you want a RP background of the guild?

Post by Majiinfreddy Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:18 am

Ohhhhh....
I love it Very Happy
Majiinfreddy
Majiinfreddy

Back to top Go down

Do you want a RP background of the guild? Empty Re: Do you want a RP background of the guild?

Post by A.O.D Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:59 am

Why not, sounds great!
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Stellar idea Wink

I love writing RP lore so count me in!
Maybe we could put in some time warp / time port from the past (or even the future SW from the movies?). Possibilities are endless...
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:34 pm

This could be a very good idea actually!

About calling the ship Whitestar; there is a ship in Babylon 5 called Whitestar alredy. ^^;

My proposition of background is that one : Whitestar is the name of a secret war ship that operated in <Peter will say> blabla war(The Great Hyperspace War), in Unexplored Regions. This ship and its crew had mysteriously beeing missing for years. Today they are back, working for the Empire.
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Awesome, Hyperspace war it is cheers
Our experiment with bending the Force to change history in favor of the Dark Jedi's went awry and timeported us to the future...

Yep I think we might have something here Wink
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by SirOwe (Petter) Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Sounds awsome, great job everyone...
this is gona be great... *thrilled and hyped*
SirOwe (Petter)
SirOwe (Petter)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Hello, I'm Barakha and I approve this (light) background.
Cassius
Cassius

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:49 am

Acharial wrote:This could be a very good idea actually!

About calling the ship Whitestar; there is a ship in Babylon 5 called Whitestar alredy. ^^;

My proposition of background is that one : Whitestar is the name of a secret war ship that operated in <Peter will say> blabla war(The Great Hyperspace War), in Unexplored Regions. This ship and its crew had mysteriously beeing missing for years. Today they are back, working for the Empire.

great idea
i'm sure peter can make it work lorewise(sith society style) Do you want a RP background of the guild? Wizard
amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:36 pm

I got some inspiration. So i'm writting dow some ideas. Share your ideas, your advices, etc...Everyone participate! Smile

Ideas 1 : Whitestar is a War Starship

"Whitestar" was a Republic War starship, that mysteriously disepeared. Few crew members managed to escape, but they suffered great lost of memory and were generaly confused, unable to explain with precisions or logic how the ship desepeared or how they managed to come back. Today, most of those crew members are retreated veteran. They got married, got a family, they live a peacefull life. Atleast...most of them.

Today, Whitestar has came back as mysteriously as it has desepeared some years ago...But today, the old republican starship wear the Empire colors. Few members of the original crew are still alive, they all joined the darkside, and are now working for the Empire. What has happened? No one knows exactly. But the Empire have send some powerfull agent and Sith to supervise the ship and its crew. The reapparition of Whitestar seems to be a significant events.

This idea allow us to have a Republic Whitestar guild on the same server called "Whitestar Veterans" (or something in the lines). This is obviously the basic idea. It need to be reworked.

Idea 2 : Whitestar is the name of a secret mission

Whitestar is the name of a secret mission organised by the Empire to wipe the Republic forces by the inside. That's why they are sending infiltrated agents to spy the Republic projects.

I need more ideas for that one. It's not very develloped yet. But the idea was again to allow us a possible Republic atl guild called "Whitestar infiltrates" or something in the lines.
What's the secret mission, I don't know. It's exactly that point I need more ideas.

So..waiting for your ideas and advices! Smile
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Idea 3 : Whitestar as a Starforge War Starship

"Whitestar" is a derelict Starforge War starship it was found by an expeditionary Force from the Empire to reclaim Tech from the Rakatan Infinite Empire.
Ship and crew vanished shorty after finding the ship

Whitestar has came back as mysteriously as it vanished.
The expeditionary Force composed of recruited Bounty Hunters,Imperial Intelligence and Sith had to learn to work together and trust each other during the time of their disappearance.

amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:27 pm

As I said in skype, I really find this idea awesome. Even if I'm not sure about what's a Starforge warship. (yeah I'm not updated question Lore)
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Explaning Starforge for you would probably spoil a lot from Kotor...
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Okay...as we have discussed on skype, we seem to have agree that we prefer Amu's idea.
Now there is much question left to finish the story.

1. What was the exact mission of the expeditionary Force from the Empire.
We can also define our roles in this mission. Who was the leader? Who was the second in command. Etc....

2. What happened when we discovered the Whitestar?

3. Why do we have desepeared. What happened during that time? Have the roles changed? (For instance we had a rebellion, someone take the lead of the expedition over the old leader etc...)

4. What happened since our return. What happened to the starforge ship?

I suppose that we call ourselves "Whitestar" because we are in some way : the crew of this ship.
It's also interesting because we are supposed to know each others.
We could also start to imagine a bit the relationship we have towards each others. We could even write some stories that happened in the past.

Waiting for your ideas, your propositions. We have few days in front of us. The 20 beeing the limit to have finished and polished our background (as the 22 december we will have our first RP events for those who are inetrested)
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:51 pm

1. What was the exact mission of the expeditionary Force from the Empire.
We can also define our roles in this mission. Who was the leader? Who was the second in command.

Disappointed by the Failure of Revan and Malak the Empire intelligence was tasked to organize a mission to reclaim usable Tech from the Rakatan infinite Empire to give the empire an advantage:

Bountyhunters were hired as muscle as some Sith got wind of the operation decided to pull strings to get in command of the operation to make a name for themselves

2. What happened when we discovered the Whitestar?
The Expedition travelled covert in search for Tech that would satisfy the Sith leading it
(don't know if it would be pompous if the "Whitestar" is found at the wreckage of the Starforge)

The Expedition found a derelict Warship dubbed the Whitestar
Tension between the Sith rose as it became evident that whoever brings the Whitestar back to the Empire would be able to advance their agenda tenfold.

3. Why do we have disappeared. What happened during that time? Have the roles changed?
Inevitable a Battle for supremacy ensued between the Sith while fighting Hyperjump procedure was activated

4. What happened since our return. What happened to the starforge ship?
hmm

something like that maybe
i'm not that good with writing

amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:17 pm

I like the fact that "the Whitestar expedition" has become renegate to the Empire.

Maybe - just an idea like that - the Expedition crew could have go back in time with the Hyperjump (like passing through a blackhole or something), like 2 or 5 years before the expedition was send. In this case, the storyline created by Bioware would not interfer with this guild background. Each member of the crew would try to find the other members aswell, to see what happened.

What do you think about that? (would also please Cha'kra I guess, who suggested some jump in time)
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:19 pm

The time jump be something very mystical though, since time travels in star Wars universe never happens. I can't think of even one...

Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Mmh in that case it would be too Hollywood cliché, and not fitting the universe.

The thing that bug me, is that....when you start as Sith warrior and Inquisitor, you are a slave, right? Would you have been slave as punishement for your renegate actions during the "Whitestar expedition"?
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Yes you are a slave and very much treated as one, your leaders telling you how worthless you are and you are gonna die Razz

Hmm, you are true there. Kinda hard to make it fitting with backstory. Simply we would have to ignore the main story line of the classes until higher levels. :S
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:37 am

what about this

3. Why do we have disappeared. What happened during that time? Have the roles changed?
Inevitable a Battle for supremacy ensued between the Sith while fighting an "outbourst of the Darkside shifted the position of the ship" (from the combatants or from the ship reacting to fighting or both)
Most of the Sith didnt survive this(if it fits the origin of the warrior he could one of those
There were other which had their latent potential for the Force being awakend by this outburst.
the few people surviving relied on each other to figure out how to get back by the time they got back they were as thick as thieves

amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:03 am

Okay, so I summary what we have from now :

- Whitestar is a Starforge war ship
- Empire sendt a special expedition (Some Sith, Bounty Hunter, and agents) to look after some technology to regain power
- The Expedition find the Whitestar
- The potential of this discovery create tension inside the Expedition crew. The Darkside force that fuel the ship itself enhance this tension. The crew members are turning against each other, fighting for the control of the ship and of the mission. Many Sith die. Some other crew members see the Force awaken in them.
- Along the fight, the ship is programmed to make a hyperjump, but the coordinate are placed wrongly (or maybe it was intentional sabotage). The Whitestar and the surviving crew disepear.
- Alone, far, and completly cut from the Empire, the surviving crew can only rely on each other to survive. Intern tensions need to be put assiside to assure the survival of each.
- After some times of disepearance, the crew manage to return to Empire territories. The Empire lead an investigation concerning the mission. Some of the crew member are taken for test and annalysis, or specific training, in case of Force users. The goal is to find back the Whitestar that had been abandoned.The crew is now named "Whitestar" in the secret file of the Empire, and is subject to severe (and secrete) supervision.
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:11 am

the fight would be amongst the actual siths(only force wielders are real sith) because the BH depends on if they would think they could make more money than what they are actually paid the Intelligence guys know better than to intervene in Sith power struggles

After some times of disappearance, the crew manage to return to Empire territories. The Empire lead an investigation concerning the mission. Some of the crew member are taken for test and analysis, or specific training, in case of Force users. The goal is to find back the Whitestar that had been abandoned.The crew is now named "Whitestar" in the secret file of the Empire, and is subject to severe (and secrete) supervision.
Like this a lot would also ties nicely to the Swtor story since everybody seems to be interested in you(the people interested in you heard rumours about this)

I think the Whitestar would have been send to be studied somewhere in the empire and the crew has a mysterious longing to get back the ship (this would ensure the continuued Will to work together rpwise no matter their later position) they are kinda bound together and to the ship
amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:22 pm

the fight would be amongst the actual siths(only force wielders are real sith) because the BH depends on if they would think they could make more money than what they are actually paid the Intelligence guys know better than to intervene in Sith power struggles

Mmh....Yeah, ok. One also can be something else than bounty hunter or agent at that point. I mean, it could be a simple crew member, like a technician, or a simple soldier. Allthose crew member can become bounty hunter, agent or sith later (once the Whitestar is back)

What I imagined was : the darkforce energies unleashed, would kinda plunge everyone into madness. You a bit like in the movie "Sphere" when you don't know who to trust and who to not trust. The whole crew enclosed into this crazy ship, and losing their mind more they stay on it. Group are forming and fight each others, betray each others. It's the total anarchy. Obviously like in a bad trip, people have moment of lucidity,when they know they are turning mad. Then they try to escape the "influence" of this evil ship.
I imagine, the Whitestar semi land semi crash on a far far away planet, desertic, (it's more fun). The remaining crew escape from the ship and start to recover their sanity. They realise that they need to stick together to survive, and not allow themselves to be lost in this madness. They organise their survival in the wild, try to figure out where they are, and find a plan to return.

To return, they need to use the Whitestar again, and risk to fall into madness. They learn how to resist, how to control their emotion, their paranoia, their desire of power. The most succesful in this task is those who will be discovered as Sith later, and that are at that moment simple crew member, or the surviving Sith lord that had been sendt. The others are placed in artificial sleep. They sometimes switch role. Sometimes they feel the paranoia and the madness coming back. But they manage to control it most of the time. And they finaly succeed to come back in the Empire territories.

The ship is "taken away" as secret weapon for annalyse and studies of the Force phenomenon. The crew is also supervised, annalysed, studied. Some are released. They can go back to their life. Most of the guys who was in the Imperial army before the Whitestar, become independant, unable to stay in a military order anymore. What everyone ignore is that they are strictly supervised by the Imperial secret force.

Are we making a movie out of this?
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Madness part wouldn't be so so bad. Starforge did that exactly and killed It's ancient population by feeding on their darkside force. The veichle spawned by the Starforge should basically do the same to survive.

This is also a very good idea Smile
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Great idea Elloa
the ship multiplies the power and anger of the fighting sith consuming them in the process and driving the rest mad
over time they "wake up" and gain control as the multiplied energy subside/lowered intensity
The whole crew enveloped in raw Darkside power desecending into madness

Last edited by Amuatama on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next