Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Whitestar
Welcome on Whitestar forums !
Whitestar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WS is hiring for our Newspaper project

+8
Acharial
A.O.D
Hyperion
Rhashazi
Malera
Karneelya
Tsukuyomi
Elloa
12 posters

Go down

Yes, I will contribute to the Newspaper project as...

WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty18%WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty 18% 
[ 3 ]
WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty18%WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty 18% 
[ 3 ]
WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty12%WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty 12% 
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty24%WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty 24% 
[ 4 ]
WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty12%WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty WS is hiring for our Newspaper project

Post by Elloa Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:48 pm

To be sure we are able to start this relatively ambitious project and do it good, we need to know who is interested by taking a role and contribute in a way or another.
Depending of how many we are, we will build our project, or completly give it up.
as stated in the thread Newspaper, Ideas and Suggestions, we really don't want to start up a project to halfly do it, or give it up two month later. We do it good, or we don't do it.

You can take several roles.

reporter : A reporter is not a writter, but can obviously also be a writer. A reporter is someone very active in game, very present where there is action, and who know what's going on. His mission is to gather information and transfer it to a writer that will proceed the info into an article. The reporter will also check the finished article to see if it match with his testimony.

Example : Joao is ganked by a guild in the starting zone, and is witness of a large and aggressive action from this guild. He ask arround him what exactly is happening, try to have the point of view of a ganker and a victim. He will then report to a writter what happened and teh writter will writte the news.

The style of his report do not matter, but it must contain clear, valid and complete informations.
A reporter can also report events that could be interesting for an article, but need more informations. Writters can then organise a deeper investigation and send other reporters to complete the subject with more informations.
Reporters will also be in charge to take screenshots of the event they are witnesses.

Writer : the writer is not a reporter, but can obviously be also a reporter. A writer is someone motivated to write article. He doesn't need to be very active in game, but need to be quick to proceed an informations, and relatively talented at writting. A writter also need to be able to know when his article will be to hollow due to a lack of solid informations, and must be able to give up his text, or complete it with an additional investigation.
Some writer need to be well introduced in the community and be able to gather interviews of players and guild leaders.

A writer can also write bigger articles. Guides, stories, articles, reports, and whatnot...anything either related to the game OR related to the life of our server. Bigger articles aren't sheduled, but if they are well made, they may add something very special to our Newspaper.

Proofreaders : This is certainly the most boring job, but it will extremly needed. Proofreaders are persons with an excellent knowledge of english and good ability to spot mistake. Their mission is to avoid Whitestar to be covered of shame while presenting a Newspaper filled with mistakes and typos.

Graphist : Will be in charge to take care of making screenshot looking nicer, and the design of the Newspaper page.
They will also be in charge to make attractive commercial to promote our Newspaper

Last edited by Elloa on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty Re: WS is hiring for our Newspaper project

Post by Elloa Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:49 pm

I've taken : Reporter, Writter (news), Writter(bigger articles)
Elloa
Elloa
Admin

https://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

WS is hiring for our Newspaper project Empty Re: WS is hiring for our Newspaper project

Post by Tsukuyomi Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Can help with reporting and spell-checking.
Tsukuyomi
Tsukuyomi

Back to top Go down

Post by Karneelya Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:16 pm

Graphist, ofc :-)
Karneelya
Karneelya

Back to top Go down

Post by Malera Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:32 pm

As writing is not my thing, I wont contribute! Sorry guys! D:

Malera

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhashazi Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:34 pm

I've chosen writer (news and bigger articles) and reporter (would see myself more as an interviewer). I'll also help Karn with the graphic stuff when needed Smile.
Rhashazi
Rhashazi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:36 am

first i think this project is awesome and you have my support, but i'm really not good at writing, i'll be on the look out and i'll give the heads up if something is happening while i play to any reporter that is online at the moment Smile
Hyperion
Hyperion

Back to top Go down

Post by A.O.D Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:38 pm

I can support the Proofreaders and Graphics section.
A.O.D
A.O.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Acharial Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:30 am

Only thing I can do on that list is writing :3
Acharial
Acharial

Back to top Go down

Post by Chakra Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:08 am

I can write casually (well more like funny / silly / surreal Wink ) and proofread English (I worked in Canada for a couple of years, did some technical writing amongst other stuff)
Chakra
Chakra

Back to top Go down

Post by Luivatra Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:34 pm

I am quite pressed for time and not creative at all, but if it is needed at some point I can do proof-reading I guess Smile

That and I will keep my eyes open while playing of course (some say that even makes you play better!)
Luivatra
Luivatra

Back to top Go down

Post by Inugami Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 am

I can be a grammar nazi and will try to hone my drawing skills a bit before I can say whether I'll try to add a TERA-relevant comic section to the paper. I want to challenge myself a bit - this will indeed be a challenge if I go ahead with it.. I have made a rough plan-out for the 1st comic issue. I'm not sure I'd be able to come up with random general TERA comic situations on a weekly basis.. so I've thought of following a few characters play their story.. and then maybe once a month do a ''random OH don't you just HATE THAT ZONE / RACE / whatevs and make a joke out of it''

Either.. I'll be on a lookout for a new ''drawing kit'' this week. hope I find something I like

*EDIT* - Ideas for a future comic section is very much appreciated
Inugami
Inugami

Back to top Go down

Post by Malera Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:08 pm

I actually might do a few interviews Smile If that is any help!

Malera

Back to top Go down

Post by amuatama Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:09 pm

I want to help with the project writing and drawing are not my strong suite
spellchecking is something i can help with though ^^
amuatama
amuatama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down